Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BearPear

Candy Info Please

Hi guys, I must first confess to (a) not being a teenager and (B) not having a teenaged celiac kid- but she will be 13 in May if that helps!

We are coming over to the states from England next week - can't wait - and we are doing 4 days in New York before flying down to the Keys. My question is this, what candy bars and other fun stuff can you recommend for my daughter, Katy, to eat while she is on her vacation?

All help would be most appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest lorlyn

hershys and heath bars yum! i love now&laters they rock and dont get worried if u cant eat ur fav candy i lost my fav candy but i found heath bars! so i hope this helps. :PB):D:):rolleyes:;)

Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

M&M's (both peanut and regular and the new "dark chocolate" kind)

I've been diagnosed with Celiac my whole life. I was recently diagnosed with hypoglycemia.

I'm a long distance runner for my school's cross country, indoor track, and outdoor track teams and I try my hardest not to let Celiac, hypoglycemia, or anything else slow me down!

I LOVE Jesus with my whole heart and am committed to serving Him for life!

Hi guys, I must first confess to (a) not being a teenager and (B) not having a teenaged celiac kid- but she will be 13 in May if that helps!

We are coming over to the states from England next week - can't wait - and we are doing 4 days in New York before flying down to the Keys. My question is this, what candy bars and other fun stuff can you recommend for my daughter, Katy, to eat while she is on her vacation?

All help would be most appreciated.

Hi my name is Hannah and I eat gluten free too.What candy bars I eat is Snickers,M&ms,Reeses Peanut butter cups,

Kissables, Hersheys chocolate and dove chocolate.And for ice cream you can have Haagen-Dazs and breyers but not the cookie dough flavor.

Have fun!

Hannah

IBS 1994

Endometriosis

Hashimoto's auto immune disease

Diverticulosis

Celiac disease April 2006 - neuro symptoms I am assuming from celiac disease

HLA DQ 2 (celiac disease) and HLA DQ 6 (GS) either way my parents made sure I had something!

Insomnia

Hyperflexibility

Daughter 6 y/o (5 at diagnosis) celiac disease via labs (all >100) and flattened biopsy. NO symptoms!!

Daughter 8 y/o with BM ="C" since birth and breast fed, osteopenia, SEVERE eczema up to 5 y/o, now on and off (-) via labs and biopsy. HLA DQ 2 and HLA DQ 8! and possibly ADHD.

Son 3 y/o also HLADQ2 AND DQ 8! Negative panel

Husband MEXICAN and he has DQ 8! His family refuses all and anything with celiac disease, same with his PCP!

"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger..." Right? I think that's the saying.

not all of this is candy but.......

symphony bars, snickers, sweet tarts, most fruit snacks, rice crackers, yogos(yuck, i think) nerds, doritos, except nachos, lays, ruffles, tostidos, cheetos, fruity pebbles, some cocoa puffs and trix, kellogs cocoa crisps, fritos, and more, if she has an email, ill try to send her more... right now im out of ideas though.

ps, my email is sweetangeliz@gmail.com

~liz

pss, and im 14 if that helps.

LIZZIE*~*~*~*~

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Janelle Morman
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics