Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Karen

Take This Mind Test - It Is Freaky!

Nikki--Spanner=wrench--I had no idea :D

Like Susie, I wonder where all of us "hammer people" but with different colors fit in? ;)

Ok--I think I'm officailly overthinking this :lol:

Erm nope its got me stumped....

If it helps this was my thought process as best I can explain.....

Hmm color and tool.... OK color's easy.. what's a tool.... well a camera is a tool and a computer is a tool but obviously I'm stretching this... hmmm what was the last tool in the sense its meant I used... drill ... my drill is green.... solves both.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

Join eNewsletter

green drill here ????

when all you have is a drill the whole world is suddenly full of holes!

:lol:

Like Susie, I wonder where all of us "hammer people" but with different colors fit in? ;)

Maybe we're only half abnormal!

Join eNewsletter

Okay so I did this once a while back and I just did it again. Both times I could not help but say "purple hammer" immediately after I was done calculating. I really want to know how that works :huh:

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Join eNewsletter

Nikki--Spanner=wrench--I had no idea :D

There is obviously more consistency within this group for the tool that was chosen- a hammer.

This "experiment" illustrates how our minds store/organize/retrieve information- which is a branch of psychology known as cognitive psychology.

A hammer is a prototypical example of a tool for the vast majority of people- and when asked to provide an example of something from the "tool" category on the spur of the moment people will be most likely to retrieve the name of the tool that represents their prototype.

The same sort of trick or experiment could be done using a different question- like bird instead of tool. People would be more likely to say something like sparrow or robin instead of flamingo, for the same reason.

I guess "red" may be a prototypical colour for many people too, but within this group it may not be.

Suzie

Suzie

London, ON, Canada

celiac disease diagnosed by pos tTG March 2006 and pos biopsy June 2006

Join eNewsletter

If my theory is correct, 98% of us have the ability to wrecklessly jump to conclusions.

2%, while being "half abnormal" :huh::P , or completely abnormal, have no choice but to think about stuff.

I've thought about it, and I think the answer is right there - over-thinking. A thinker will think momentarily about the answer - analyze quickly, if you will. Like the drill - thought about the last tool used. There was a process of thought. For me, no process - just thoughts. Someone who doesn't analyze (like me - I hate to admit it - I used to be an analyst of sorts) is accustomed to going with the first thing that shoots into their mind. Not that I'm simple-minded (maybe I am?) - just not analyzing the question - but when I started reading, I made a conscious effort to not think about it, so I guess that I was thinking about it somehow.

Hammer - the most basic tool, no?

Red - of the primary colors, red is the most brilliant, no?

Join eNewsletter

Orange screwdriver :huh: . Does this make me "special" or "weird"?

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Join eNewsletter

Maybe it means it's almost 5PM and you're thinking about a cocktail :lol:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Well, it could, but it's only 2:00 here and I don't drink.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Join eNewsletter

Just an observation but reminds me of a Penn and Teller episode in a way...

If they tell you that 98% of people pick red hammer and you do then ... WOW its amazing so you forward it and then if 50% of the people (just randomly) then forwards it then its always being forwarded by someone who thinks WOW...

As was pointed out the hammer is a pretty basic tool and red a fairly common and as noted bright color..

One thing I forgot to say is my wallpaper is green.... so if I dare suggest... (sorry no meaning to offend) since its far more girls here than guys and lots of girls know the names and how to use a hammer but might not be all that comfortable with an angle grinder (if you have to look it up don't bother .. that's the point)...

I am pretty confident (but just wildly guessing really but if I say I'm confident... :D) if you gave the same test to say a load of dentists at a dental conference they'd come up with dental tools... or a factory where hammers aren't used (but maybe screwdrivers and pliers are) then you'd get a lot less red hammers????

as for asking me about a bird... easy... chicken, duck, goose, pheasant, quail (anyone get how my mind works :D)

yummm.....

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

Join eNewsletter

Curiously, I got red hammer, and NOBODY has ever accused me of being normal before! :huh:

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

I own a hardware store and do the majority of the paint mixing so I thought mauve dremel. :lol:

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

I got red hoe. My husband got blue hammer. He says that together we make one normal mind. :lol:

this is fantastic :lol::lol:

excellent :lol:

Well, it could, but it's only 2:00 here and I don't drink.

well, maybe you should start? :P

I own a hardware store and do the majority of the paint mixing so I thought mauve dremel. :lol:

mauve dremel! I love that!! I must admit - - the color I first thought of was turquoise - - and both a screwdriver and cordless drill flashed through my mind - I picked screwdriver....

and since I just found out that my recent ex-boyfriend-not-quite-fiance is getting married in four months, I may just help myself to several orange screwdrivers, whilst looking for something to pound with a purple hammer...... :angry::(:huh:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Join eNewsletter

Blue hammer here ...and why are we all thinking of hammers?? :ph34r:

Me too, blue hammer it is. I'm thinking it could be a new cocktail but what should it have in it?

green drill here ????

when all you have is a drill the whole world is suddenly full of holes!

I got red hoe. My husband got blue hammer. He says that together we make one normal mind. :lol:

I'd say thirsty but I see you don't drink.

Susan, glad to see you in fine form. :P

Curiously, I got red hammer, and NOBODY has every accused me of being normal before! :huh:

It appears normality is being challenged, and about time. :lol: I've always know I was strange, I'm just surprised to find that I'm only half abnormal.

Thanks for the quiz Karen,

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

Join eNewsletter

Black hammer for me!

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

Join eNewsletter

Purple shovel... Is a shovel even technically a tool?!?!?! I think my second was allen wrench. Weird, huh? Of course, my favorite color is purple, so that's the only color I ever think when asked to choose a color quickly, on the spot.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

Purple shovel... Is a shovel even technically a tool?!?!?! I think my second was allen wrench. Weird, huh? Of course, my favorite color is purple, so that's the only color I ever think when asked to choose a color quickly, on the spot.

Blue shovel for me. Shovel is definitely a tool. :lol:

Join eNewsletter

yellow wrench.

I've always loved yellow and, well, when i'm asked to pick a tool, i automatically think of the game Clue--a game I haven't played for years but played a lot when I was a kid. It is the probably the only real life situation where I'm told to 'pick a tool'. A lot of the "tools" in the game aren't actual tools . . like the candlestick, lead pipe, rope. so that's probably why I thought of the wrench.

positive tTG and antigliadin blood tests for celiac (summer 2006)

positive dietary response

environmental and food allergies.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter