Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elye

Who's Gonna Take Lord Stanley?

Boston Legal is on right now . . . . Denny Crane has the Stanley Cup for a day . . . and he wants to engrave his name on it. He says he deserves it because in 1975 he loaned his jock strap to some player and that's why they won. James Spader's character, Allen Shore said, "I hope you washed it first."

Boston Legal is on right now . . . . Denny Crane has the Stanley Cup for a day . . . and he wants to engrave his name on it. He says he deserves it because in 1975 he loaned his jock strap to some player and that's why they won. James Spader's character, Allen Shore said, "I hope you it first."

:lol::lol::lol:

You wouldn't believe all the gross madness taking place in this town...people wearing the same (unwashed) underwear for the last eight games (all men, of course :rolleyes: ), hanging quite dangerous flags out their car windows and having them sail off on the queensway, and there's the beard-growing to "support the team". A bunch of hairy cavemen walking around. And there's the pit crew--women who have left their underarms unshaved since the playoffs started, and will not shave them until the Stanley Cup is here in Ottawa. A couple of women on a local radio station have dyed their underarm hair red... :blink: I couldn't quite jump on THAT bandwagon!

Okay, hate to say it, but I think you guys have some REALLY over-zealous fans! The "pit-crew"???!!!! :lol::lol: And going to dye their underarm hair red??? :lol::lol:

For some reason, the men's weirdness is more understand-able to me because I used to have a husband like that. A long time ago, in a land far, far away . . . . . . . . . :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Okay, hate to say it, but I think you guys have some REALLY over-zealous fans! The "pit-crew"???!!!! :lol::lol: And going to dye their underarm hair red??? :lol::lol:

For some reason, the men's weirdness is more understand-able to me because I used to have a husband like that. A long time ago, in a land far, far away . . . . . . . . . :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lynne, Lynne, Lynne,

You should know by now what Canadian women are like with their hockey! :lol:

It's so true...

I've made myself an incredible Sens outfit. A big dress, really, out of two oversized Senators towels. I wore it out yesterday to do all of my errands, thinking I'd get some reaction, comments, some car honks. But there are too many red, hairy underarms being lifted out car windows and parading in office buildings for me to be really noticed. Sigh.

Karen, you're a rabid Leafs fan--what nutty things have you done in the fever pitch of playoffs gone by? (Not that you've had much opportunity in the last...what...forty years?) ;):P

It's so true...

I've made myself an incredible Sens outfit. A big dress, really, out of two oversized Senators towels. I wore it out yesterday to do all of my errands, thinking I'd get some reaction, comments, some car honks. But there are too many red, hairy underarms being lifted out car windows and parading in office buildings for me to be really noticed. Sigh.

Karen, you're a rabid Leafs fan--what nutty things have you done in the fever pitch of playoffs gone by? (Not that you've had much opportunity in the last...what...forty years?) ;):P

Cute........................ real cute.......................... <_<

:lol:

Seriously, I shiver with anticipation at the thought of what Toronto fans would do in the heat of the playoff finals..... OMG! The town would blow, she'd blow, I tell ya!

Leaf fans have to be the absolute most loyal fan base ANY major league team in ANY sport could have. I mean, we have had to live through Harold Ballard destroying our team, putting crap teams on the ice year after year. We did it to ourselves really - I mean, they could throw out a team of Triple "A"'s out on the ice, we we still filled the joint (MLG or now AC). Why would any owner invest in better players when he packs the joint every night no matter what?

It's a very sad reality, and despite the role I am supposed to play as an Ottawa fan (trashing the Leafs), I've never been able to do this. I really admire the Leaf fans for being so loyal. It's also very sad that no one can pick up tickets for a home game in T.O. I was visiting my brother last year (he's on Ward's Island) and Ottawa was playing there. I asked him ahead of time if he could get a couple of cheap tickets, and after he stopped laughing, said there was no way. Karen, do you ever manage to actually get to a game?

The only connection I have is my sister has a friend who is rather "well to do" and has season's tickets. Twice he gave her a set of tickets to a game. She used the tickets once and gave the tickets to me the second time. I in turn, let Terry and Eileen go to the game. Ahhhh, the sacrifices we make for family.......

The last game I have been to was when Terry and I were dating. I, of course, wanted to land him (If only I knew then what I know now...... :rolleyes: ). Anyway, I bought a couple of rails for a Toronto/Boston game (Terry is a Bruins fan also.....). Let me tell ya, it cost me a whole paycheque but I landed him! LMAO!

:lol:

Man, all I land when I go to games is beer in my lap (or on my head), as we can only afford tickets up in the nosebleeds where all the drunken insanity is!

I'm still rooting for the Red Wings here. It will make my hubby's boss much happier too!!!

I'm still rooting for the Red Wings here. It will make my hubby's boss much happier too!!!

Yep, an Ottawa-Detroit Stanley Cup final would be superb! (Steve Yzerman, one of my heroes, is an Ottawan)!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Lord Stanley, here we come!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And, Leafs fans.......

:P:P:P

GO RED WINGS!!!! I get to go to the game tomorrow. If you hear about anyone going into labor at the game, it could be my daughter. She is 35 weeks pregnant.

Fantasatic! I hope she hangs on until post-game.

Ottawa-Detroit final!!!

Thank you, I do too. She did have her first at 35 weeks and her second at 37 weeks. She made it through last Sunday's game. Even though I live in Michigan, I was born in Canada.

GO RED WINGS!!!! I get to go to the game tomorrow. If you hear about anyone going into labor at the game, it could be my daughter. She is 35 weeks pregnant.

Well, whatever you do, make sure you don't let her go to a game in Ottawa wearing a Red Wings shirt!

My heart will be with the Red Wings...... :P

We wear our red for the Red Wings here. She would have wore her Red Wing jersey, but it didn't fit anymore!

I'm surprised they don't have maternity hockey jerseys, as they certainly have them for the cute teens and the hulking body-guard types. Now there's an interesting marketing idea... :)

I'm surprised they don't have maternity hockey jerseys, as they certainly have them for the cute teens and the hulking body-guard types. Now there's an interesting marketing idea... :)

Maybe if she is clearly pregnant, they won't beat her up! ;)

Ahhhhh! Yep, we all knew that insane, ridiculous, drunken "Fan" who punched a female Buffalo fan during game 4 would make all kinds of news in Buffalo and Toronto...probably just what the scum wanted, everyone talking about him. The fact that he could make others feel that Ottawa has a fan base like that just turns my stomach. There's a funny kind of irony...I mean, we're the staid, government town that rarely even rises to our feet when we score. It's a real shame, and I know that guy's made a lot of enemies.

Oh, boy...I smell the end of this thread, now that The Red Wings are golfing! :(