Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

num1habsfan

What Next Already...

Maybe I shouldnt be worried about this since he could be wrong, but i went to my family doc this mornin because i swore i had a sore throat (it feels raw and hard to swallow, etc). He tells me no its not my throat, that my thyroids are swollen :blink: . So he gave me some dumb prescription for rinsing mouth or whatever, and wants me to go for bloodwork. Should i be concerned??

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

Definetly get the blood work done......atleast you'll know if something is going on with your thyroid!

Maybe I shouldnt be worried about this since he could be wrong, but i went to my family doc this mornin because i swore i had a sore throat (it feels raw and hard to swallow, etc). He tells me no its not my throat, that my thyroids are swollen :blink: . So he gave me some dumb prescription for rinsing mouth or whatever, and wants me to go for bloodwork. Should i be concerned??

~ Lisa ~

Are you sure he didn't mean tonsils?

...but get your bloods done anyway I think :)

Hope your throat feels better soon :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Yes it can cause a swollen feeling, but I don't know about pain. If you get the tests get the whole panel including the thyroid peroxidase anitbodies.

What in the world is that??? All i know is he checked off TSH.

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

TSH is only one of the thyroid panel tests, and unfortunately is the one that many docs often use to make the treatment decision.

If your thyroid is swollen, I'd make sure you really have a sharp doc good in this area. Perhaps an endocrinologist?

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

TSH is only one of the thyroid panel tests, and unfortunately is the one that many docs often use to make the treatment decision.

If your thyroid is swollen, I'd make sure you really have a sharp doc good in this area. Perhaps an endocrinologist?

Even if i did find one of those docs, it would take MONTHS to get in

~ Lisa ~

...26 years old...