Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinka

Gluten Free Corn Starch

I am writing this for my wife, who is new to forums and their inner workings.

We have been experimenting with gluten free baking, and have not had any luck finding a brand of corn starch which is 100% gluten free. I purchased a wonderful book on amazon .com titled "Gluten-Free Baking Classics" by Annalise G. Roberts, and it has already proven an invaluable resource. Unfortunately, many of the bread recipes call for corn starch.

If anybody can help, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all. B)

Guest j_mommy

I use Hodgson Mill.

I have also noticed more store brands are 100% Corn starch. The product doesn't have to say Gluten Free on it for it to be Gluten Free.

thanks j mommy for your reply.

the funny thing is that i've used Hodgston Mill corn starch and had allergic reaction to their product. I think they might be sharing equipment with wheat.

"Canada Corn Starch" in a pale yellow box, with a blue banner and a rooster on it is gluten-free. It is manufactured (in the states, I think) by ACH and says gluten-free right on it.

Argo for me too... if you try Argo & find you are still having issues with it , maybe you are having a overall corn in general issue... perhaps then you may need to find another thickening agent to replace it with.

hope this helps

mamaw