Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glutenfreewife

Gluten Free Chicken And Dumplings?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We always have chicken and dumplings during the holidays. Are there any good gluten-free recipes for it?

Anna

This is the recipe I used. We can't have milk so we used mashed potatoes. Also used either egg replacer for the eggs. The recipe doesn't call for chicken, but I added cooked chicken to the soup. It was very good!

http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/glut...pling_soup.html

Join eNewsletter

I'm assuming you just need to know a recipe for the dumpling part. This is what I use:

2 C gluten-free Flour*

1/3 C Butter or Spectrum Shortening

1 Tbs. Baking powder

1 tsp. salt (only if using shortening or unsalted butter)

3/4 - 1 C Milk (or rice milk...)

Cut butter into flour and baking powder (and salt, if necessary) until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Add milk and mix until dough is moist. Follow your "normal" recipe for cooking the dumplings in the gravy.

gluten-free Flour Mix

3 C Br. Rice Flour

1 C Potato Starch

1/2 C Tapioca Starch

2 tsp. Xanthan Gum

Sift together 3 times. Store in refrigerator.

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Join eNewsletter

:lol: I am gonna try that recipe

I was craving dumplings too but I had this gluten free baking mix in the cupboard so I thought I'd try it I made banana bread using it and it was very very yummy

So I followed the recipe (on the back of the box) and they turned out like hokey pucks lol

happyhappy ;)

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Join eNewsletter

Just yesterday I told one of my employees that I was SOOOO craving chicken and dumplings but did not know how to make them. She said that that sounded so good and preceeded to tell me how she was going to go home and make a big pot of them and thanked me for the idea. I politely smiled and walked away. ARRGGGGHHHH. But today I showed her the recipe from this wonderful site and that I would probably make them tonight. lol. Thanks for making my day. :D

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter