Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Please Please Pray

So sorry to hear about your b-in-l's death Paula and the problems around the funeral, will say a few prayers that you can get everything sorted out at this traumatic time xx

Diagnosed Eczema 1964 aged 16 but with what I know now from research am sure it was Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome 1969 at age 21 but had it from age of 12 many painful episodes over the years( was probably Coeliac all along)

Diagnosed Hashimoto's Disease/Hypothyroid November 1994

Low B12 November 2006

Low B12 (still!) July 2007 Docs are happy with results just above low end of normal..*sigh*....still need to resolve it

Gluten free since October 2006 after failing gluten challenge

Diagnosed Hiatus Hernia and Los Angeles Grade A reflux via endoscopy October 2007

Diagnosed with Coeliac Disease via same endoscopy / biopsy October 2007 (took them long enough!) despite being gluten-free damage still evident although had been taking iron tablets for iron deficiency without realizing they contained gluten. Subsequent blood tests show :Positive Anti-Gliadin IgA EIA antibodies, Positive Endomysial antibodies ,Positive tTG IgA antibodies of 300 ("normal" range 0-15)

Auto-immune disease goes back at least 5 generations in my family (and counting) Mainly Type 1 diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.

Number 1 Son has Type 1 diabetes ..diagnosed March 2007 at age 31, number 2 son aged 24 is A/I disease free so far ,daughter has lichen planus ( similar to psoriasis) diagnosed 2003 at age 17 am now wondering if it is DH but with flippancy of the young she won't get any testing done

Paula, I am just seeing this thread after being out of town. ((Hugs)) to you and your family. I'm so sorry about your bil's passing, and all of the family drama that's going on. I'll say a prayer for comforting peace and wisdom for you and dh.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Paula,

I just saw this. How tragic it is for you and your husband to have to go through not only the death of his brother, but all the pettiness that has come out in regards to the funeral.....

Sending you as many strength vibes as I can muster up! Hugs to you and your hubby....

Take care,

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Paula,

I am so sorry for your loss. :( I hope everything works out for your family.

Kassandra

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

Im sorry your struggling with his family, we are still dealing with my grandma's stuff and its been almost a year. I do know they bury people in the winter as my grandma was buried in December. Is there a way you can get a payment plan since others arent willing to help? I know our local funeral home gives payment plans for families.

Thanks everyone, we made the arrangements to have him buried in 3 weeks, we made the arangements for the memorial and burial, we called the bank to get the money. we had everything planned out. Then the sisters got pissy and said no we wont do it til the spring, so we were like ok fine, we will wait til spring. Well now they dont want to bury him. This is what they want cause they dont want to spend money on the burial(which we were paying for in full) and now dont want an memorial in our hometown for others can say there goodbyes. They also told hubby he could pick the date for the memorial cause we are supposed to get a major storm on friday. Well then they called and said it will be thursday and friday. They keep calling now and hubby is just refusing to answer the phone. cause we are done with their lies.

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Hi Paula,

I just wanted you to know that I am so sorry for all you are going through. We had a similar situation when my husbands Dad died 3 years ago. The hospice nurse told us it was so common for families to have big problems and become bitter over the death of a family member. It's sad, but so true. My husbands brother and his wife stopped speaking to us when they found out my husband was executor of his Dad's will. My children still ask me why they can't see their cousin. It's very sad.

Anyway, I just wanted to send some extra hugs to you and your husband. I know how difficult and draining this situation can be.

Take care,

Joni

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

I just wanted to thank you for helping me get threw all of this and for listening to me cry and vent. We will be buryuing him this spring with another memorial and big celebration of his life. this holiday is going to be so hard without him, we are trying to get into the spirit but it is so hard to do. I did do a little memorial here for him, i got wreaths and big bows and put their names on the fence, of all the people we have lost this yr, i put one for my neighbor we lost, my grandma i lost, my bil, mil and my grandparents, it looks very nice and it is bringing us some closer in the whole matter.

But now that im starting to think straight i wanted to thank you all again, i could not have made it without all of u to listen to me.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet