Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laura24

Elevated Igg - Confused!

I recently had Celiac testing completed by my doctor. They didn't give me the actual values, but my IgG was elevated. The values for IgG, tTG were normal. My doctor (a naturopath) told me that I am gluten intolerant. She told me to do a gluten free diet for 3 months and then I could have gluten every 4 days for a 24 hour period. She said something about the white blood cells regenerating and not recognizing gluten as an invader if I ate it that infrequently. I haven't been able to find any information to back her recommendation and I am so confused! What does it mean to be gluten intolerant and not have celiac disease? What are the long term health complications? On this forum I've read posts about gluten ataxia and different disorders being related to elevated IgG levels. I know I should just try being gluten free and if I feel better than it's worth it, but I'm the type of person that needs information and research to justify making such a life altering dietary change. Thank you to anyone who has advice!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

You can be gluten intolerant and not have celiac, they are not the same thing!

But I have no idea why she would tell you to eat gluten for a day every four weeks if youa re gluten intolerant. That is not right. If you are gluten intolerant you should not eat gluten.