Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrewMa

What Blood Test Did I Have?

Hi. Im not sure which test my doctor did that told him i had the celiac. He told me that 19 and below was normal and that i was over 60. i see several different test listed on many sites but can't figure out from those numbers which one i had. im sure i can find out monday with a phone call but its bugging me.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Every lab has different ranges, so you can't figure it out based on your score. If he thinks you have Celiac, you probably were positive on the EMA or tTG test.

Call your doctor and find out:

Name of each test

Reference Range for each test

Your result for each test

These are the tests that should have been done, but often, doctors don't run them all. (from: http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.ed...05-Testing.htm)

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) IgA

Anti-gliadin antibodies (AGA) IgG

Anti-endomysial antibodies (EMA) - IgA

Anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG) - IgA

Total IgA level

Join eNewsletter

Hi. Im not sure which test my doctor did that told him i had the celiac. He told me that 19 and below was normal and that i was over 60. i see several different test listed on many sites but can't figure out from those numbers which one i had. im sure i can find out monday with a phone call but its bugging me.

i think you probably had the same test that I had done, and mine was over 90, she said 20 was normal. I think they are testing for IgA antibodies. Next is the biopsy, hopefully it is not a long wait to get that done, If it is than I am starting the diet now, because who wants to continue killing themselves with gluten.

Gluten Free since Apr 14-08

Mar 08.....Blood work-Positive for Celiac Results were High (92)

Apr 08....Biopsy Results indicating abnormalities associated with celiac disease & Villi atrophy.

May-08.... Appendicitis

July 08.....X-ray indicates Degenerative Disc Disease

Symptoms that the gluten free diet has helped: All Stomach Problems, Bloating, Vomiting, Heartburn & D, Energy, overall feeling of health again, Migraine, Degenerative disc Disease, and Infertility.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter