Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mally-bug

Flax Seed

Can anybody verify for me that ground flax is gluten free. I am pretty sure it is but would like others' experiences with it.

gluten free since 7-07 with positive dietary response

Enterolab results positive for gluten sensitivity

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Apparently, ground flax is gluten free. I eat snacks with ground flax quite often because they are safe foods for us celiacs. My dietitian has confirmed this and also the lady who owns the gluten free store where I shop at also confirmed ground flax or foods with flax seed are safe for us. Most importantly, I haven't experienced an allergic reaction after ingesting ground flax or flax seed. I hope this helps!

Apparently, ground flax is gluten free. I eat snacks with ground flax quite often because they are safe foods for us celiacs. My dietitian has confirmed this and also the lady who owns the gluten free store where I shop at also confirmed ground flax or foods with flax seed are safe for us. Most importantly, I haven't experienced an allergic reaction after ingesting ground flax or flax seed. I hope this helps!

PERFECT! THANK SO MUCH. I THOUGHT IT WAS, AND READ THAT IT WAS, BUT I WANTED TO KNOW HOW IT AFFECTED OTHER CELIACS. YOU REALLY HELPED OUT! I'M TAKING THE PLUNGE. THE LIGNANS ARE SO GOOD FOR US.

gluten free since 7-07 with positive dietary response

Enterolab results positive for gluten sensitivity

Hi,

I just wanted to add that I use flax seed oil because it is great for the gut. You can add it to salad or smoothies or pretty much anything :)

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

Just make sure never to cook with flax or flax oil, as the Omega-3s break down very easily. It is always best to store flax (or the oil) in the refrigerator or freezer.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

I take flax oil and use flax seeds all the time.

I'm vegetarian so I cant have fish oil, and flax is a great

way to get omega 3's. I know they are not the complete

chain of fatty acids, but I feel like my body converts them

without a problem. I really notice the difference when

I take my oils. My nails start growing twice as fast, literally!

Ive actually documented it, by checking how often I cut

them when Im taking the oil over a month or so vs one

time when I ran out for awhile. Twice as fast. This has to

be good for healing the gut, skin and other parts of the

body as well. I think its a really good thing for newly

discovered celiacs to be taking.

If you get the oil in capsules, just make sure to get a good

gluten free brand, I use Country Life.

:)

Chia have an even better Omega 3 profile. Dont have that fishy taste and dont give me gas. :)

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!