Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laurelfla

D'lites Emporium In Florida

Hi, all (and especially to those of you in the Sunshine State)!

I just popped in the D'Lites Emporium on 34th St here in Gainesville, because my friend had been to the store on NW 16th Blvd and told me they had lots of gluten free stuff. Well, I guess this one must be smaller, but still, they had bars and whatnot that I have never tried. I was planning to just get those and go, but the person working there asked me if I wanted ice cream. I'm kind of a purist about my ice cream and wasn't planning to try it -- their big thing is that it's all diet and low-carb friendly. But hey -- the ingredients looked gluten-free and I went for it. It's yummy! I've emailed the company for more information on the flavors, since they just add flavoring to the basic chocolate or vanilla recipe for all the other flavors. When I hear something, I'll let you know.

I got a rice krispie (sp?) bar, an energy-type bar that is supposed to keep your blood sugar level, and some chips that are supposed to do the same thing.

Just thought I'd share!

Here is the website:

http://www.gatordlites.com/

diagnosed 8/05 through positive bloodwork & biopsy

gluten-free since then!

"Those who are willing to be vulnerable move among mysteries." Theodore Roethke

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is the response I received from D'Lites Emporium, Thursday, May 29.

ALL OF THE FLAVORS HAVE A VANILLA OR CHOCOLATE BASE. YOU THEN ADD A NON CALORIC EXTRACT TO PRODUCE THE FLAVOR YOU WANT.

GLUTEN FREE REGARDLESS OF THE FLAVOR YOU PICK.

BEST WISHES,

D'Lites is located in Florida in Gainesville, Hernando, The Villages, Altamonte Springs, Tampa, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, Sunrise, Aventura and coming soon to many more cities.

diagnosed 8/05 through positive bloodwork & biopsy

gluten-free since then!

"Those who are willing to be vulnerable move among mysteries." Theodore Roethke