Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcs1984

Delayed Reaction?

does anyone know if you can have a late reaction to gluten. Vincent has broken out in hives starting friday afternoon. I didn't know if this could be from Cross contamination or something he ate on thursday afternoon when he went out for lunch with a cousin. We have not seen this reaction before with him. We are also thinking it might be the sunscreen but i check the ing. and everything looks ok and he has never had a problem with any before.

I just dont know. With it only being about 5 weeks in to this diet and his celiac test being neg i dont know how much cross contamination i need to worry about or is it better to say away as much as i can?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My dd gets crampy and has d within minutes of eating gluten, but my son has a reaction about 24 hours later, with d and he becomes a raging lunatic, drop down, drag out tantrums and fits---we were in the midst of one all day today <_< I seems to be different with each person. Oh, and my dh who still doesn't think he has a gluten issue, has a reaction within 30 minutes----but it MUST be something else :rolleyes:

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)