JodiKW

"detox" Question

Rate this topic

I am still pretty new to a gluten-free diet. The first week I was fine... actually I had more energy than ever. The second week I had mucus in my stool and my stool was greenish in color. I am ending week 3 and entering week 4 and I am running to the bathroom constantly. Before I was gluten free I was forever constipated. Going to the bathroom 8-12 times a day is exhausting. Does anyone have experience with these types of symptoms? How long does it take for the body to adjust to gluten free? Any help, advice or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Have you tried going dairy and soy free? I read somewhere that some people don't even realize that gluten is slowing down their motility because dairy and soy speed it up. I remembered that because dairy and soy give me D and gluten gives me C.

Hope you feel better soon

It took me almost a year to truly get used to this diet, though it was a lot better after 6 months. Keep it up, and keep researching to make sure that you eliminate all gluten sources. Soy is a good thing to eliminate as stated. Dairy can be reintroduced after healing occurs, you may be able to handle it again then.

I had D from Dairy but it was the chemicals in some ice creams like Strohs, pure brands like Bryers and Homemade did not give me D. My sister though had to cut out all Dairy, she was house bound until she did. Many Celiacs are very sensitive to Dairy.

I am again trying to go gluten free and have been constipated for sooo many years.

Just curious how long you were that way? I can't believe I am having such a hard time doing the diet.

I hate feeling this way. I've not been diagnosed but highly suspect it is the gluten.

Hope you feel better soon.