Rate this topic

Stool symptoms....are these symptoms familiar to anyone? I swing from passing partially digested food,thats easily identifiable to what went in a few hours before to hard dark tar smelling 'pebbles' bound together by a gluey stretchy mucous that can be any colour you like (mostly light cream or fawn).can anyone else relate to these bowel habbits? i still have gluten in my diet for now,i'm waiting to see the gastro doc this week.

I'm probably not going to be of much help as I'm new here as well, and waiting for my first appt. with the GI next week. I'm still eating gluten while I wait, and its been hard since I already know I do better with a low carb diet.

I've experienced all of the above that you've described as well as lots of very loose and watery versions. Whatever is going on in me it is rare that I actually have what someone would describe as "normal."

I know its not normal have this much "d" so I've got to get it checked out. What you are experiecing doesn't sound normal either. Here's hoping we both get some answers.

Yes,answers would be great.I'd love to focous on something other than what my bowels are doing......lol

I'm still eating gluten while I wait, and its been hard since I already know I do better with a low carb diet.

I'm confused - eliminating gluten and eating low-carb are not at all the same diet..

Yes, I realize that low carb and gluten free are not the same thing. In my introductory post (which I don't think anyone has seen since no one has responded! LOL) I mentioned that I lost weight on a low carb diet, which essentially DID eliminate most of the offending gluten containing foods like bread, etc... Based on what I've seen regarding safe and unsafe foods, I was pretty much gluten free while low-carbing and I felt pretty good, lost weight, and had energy. My bowel movements were pretty liquid; however, which I attributed to the fact that I was eating more fat, and less fiber overall. So something was not agreeing with me. I may have had some less obvious forms of gluten in my diet that I wasn't aware of, or I may just have trouble with other things as well.

But, I reintroduced carbs and gluten into my diet and have difficulty getting back to my old way of eating. I know I would feel better (except for the diarreah) if I went back to a stricter version of low carb, but since I want to get tested, I'm eating gluten in the form of bread. And,well, I feel worse than what is showing up in the toilet and hope I can hold out.