jasonD2

Where Can I Buy Mission Corn Chips?

Rate this topic

I've seen them at Wegmans. They're in the health food section in the snack aisle and always well stocked, at least the one here is.

Fran

Jason--I don't know where you are but when I lived in the northeast I got them at Acme, Shoprite, Giant, and Wegmans. In the south now I've seen them at HEB and Kroger. I'm sure most large grocery stores would carry them.

You may wish to reconsider purchasing Mission tortilla chips. There's been quite a bit of discussion about them on this forum, mostly stating that they used to say gluten free on the bag, but now do not. The reason for the change, from what I've read, is the processing has changed. Below I've copied a statement from Mission's FAQs on their own website:

"Are Mission Foods products gluten free?

Mission Foods Corn products are produced with 100% corn flour; wheat ingredients are not added to the formulation. These products include Corn Tortillas, Corn Tortilla Chips, Taco Shells, Tostadas, Corn Gorditas, and Sopes. These products are produced in plants that also process wheat tortillas."

In other words, cross contamination possibilities. I'd say if you have another option that is certified gluten free (or verified through one of the many screening services), it may be a wiser choice, if you want to stay on the safe side.