glutenfreegal

Withdraw From Gluten?

Rate this topic

I feel like I am going through withdrawl. I have been Gluten free for a few weeks but today I could and want to eat an entire pizza. I just want something that is filled with everything I cant have.

Is this something that I will go through or does it go away??

I feel like I am going through withdrawl. I have been Gluten free for a few weeks but today I could and want to eat an entire pizza. I just want something that is filled with everything I cant have.

Is this something that I will go through or does it go away??

It is merely a process that you will go through. Any sudden major change to your diet will take some time for your body to get used to it. It is just like anything else. If you one day removed all soda from your diet, your mind would be craving a soda. Just give your body some time to adjust and it should pass quickly.

It does take some time. You can however buy gluten-free pizza crust mix and buy/make the filling. Many of us however are also sensitive to milk products, esp. at the beginning. So be careful! HOwever no matter what, eating gluten-free pizza won't be as bad as actually eating gluten.

the trick is to keep reminding yourself that it will NOT be worth it. and then if at all possible you sould try to give yourself a gluten free equivalent. if you're a picky eater (like me) this may not work every time because sometimes "its just not the same" and that isnt good enough lol. when i first went gluten-free that is what i was saying all the time. i kept craving poptarts so when i created the closest gluten-free recipe i could find i was so disappointed lol

but anyways my point is keep at it. and it will get easier. if you give in you will first off be in pain if you have symptoms that many of us two, and two it may give you even more cravings. stay vigilant and keep posting for support when you can. luck!

Remember that your body is trying to trick you because it is missing the gluten, so in the beginning you need to trick it back. For me that meant not letting myself get too hungry because then I would find myself mindlessly reaching for gluten. That was a dangerous time. I carry a Lara bar with me for those occasions, still. Also the visiualization of a poison whenever I saw gluten helped me a lot. I used poison ivy whenever I saw pizza or bread, etc. Some others have said raw chicken helped them, others pictured gluten as dog poop and that dog poop pizza didn't look so good to them anymore. Use your brain power to trick your subconsious mind and you will get past this period.