LuvMoosic4life

Wal Mart- Watch Out For Frozen Veggies!

Rate this topic

I've always bought Wal Mart frozn veggies- the kind you steam in the bag. I rememeber them saying "gluten free" on the back. I stopped buying them for a while and just a few weeks ago started again. I couldnt figure out why I have been feelin more bloated/tired sluggish. It didnt feel like a full blown gluten reaction, but I knew something was off. Welllll./....today I was eating the steamed broccolli right out of the bag and while i was chewing read the back that said "may contain traces of wheat, milk, shrimpp...ect....!!!!!!! grrrrr.

I know the probablility is small that I would get glutened, but it is there and I have no doubt I have been from it. My mom, who is allergic to shrimp said she couldnt figure out why her throat has been closing up on her lately......its a sidea effect she gets from shrimp......another thing that "may be in trace amounts" in the veggies....

just thought I would give the heads up about these veggies!!! its just the steam in bag ones, the others say "gluten free"

The new packaging changed the gluten free status on many of their foods. I am guessing cost cutting efforts combined facilities. Fewer options for us. Sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

So.. I have been posting that I have been taking a turn for the worse and lo and behold my hubby and I shopped at the new walmart, all my veggies this week have the warning.. :angry: why on earth would they do that?

Awww good to know! I love the steamable bags :(

Awww good to know! I love the steamable bags :(

Their kidney beans now carry the same warning. After making chili hubby had that same feeling just not right but not full blow gluten attack either. More of my money will be going to Hy-Vee now.

Their kidney beans now carry the same warning. After making chili hubby had that same feeling just not right but not full blow gluten attack either. More of my money will be going to Hy-Vee now.

exactly the same feeling I got!!!!!

This is why I mainly stick to Hy-Vee. Better atmosphere, employees (most of the time), and a decent list of gluten-free items. Granted, I pay more each trip but the cost is worth it.