This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Only Three Days Into Gulten Free And My Urination Habbits Are Different

ladybugjaimes

ladybugjaimes Newbie

So this is my first topic and my first post.

I suffer from IBS so I have decided to try going Gulten Free because a friend told me that a wheat allergy or Celiac can be misdiagnosed as IBS. So I am on a Gulten Free diet to see if it improves my IBS, but I have ran into another problem, my urination habits have changed. Now I am only on my forth day, but I seem to be peeing tons more often beginning half way through the second day. I have been tested for diabetes and thyroid and that is not the case. So is the peeing alot a symptom of the detoxing?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

carsondcat Newbie
So this is my first topic and my first post.

I suffer from IBS so I have decided to try going Gulten Free because a friend told me that a wheat allergy or Celiac can be misdiagnosed as IBS. So I am on a Gulten Free diet to see if it improves my IBS, but I have ran into another problem, my urination habits have changed. Now I am only on my forth day, but I seem to be peeing tons more often beginning half way through the second day. I have been tested for diabetes and thyroid and that is not the case. So is the peeing alot a symptom of the detoxing?

Hi ... frequency of urination could be symptomatic of the start of a UTI, is your urine cloudy or smelly (if so get tested for a UTI) or are you just drinking more, i can't remember if my urinary habits changed after going gluten-free as it was 8 years ago and I have the notorious Celiac memory. But I'm sure others here will be able to help you more.....Also certain vegetables are a diuretic....

ladybugjaimes Newbie

no my pee is normal, in color and in smell. maybe i am drinking more water and not really noticing it. But i am pretty sure my water drinking habits are the same are even less then before.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

I pee ALL the time...its ridiculous. I've been to doctors to see if there is an underlying problem but the only thing they can think of is that it must be connected to celiac disease!

frustrated09 Newbie

i notice a difference.... before gluten free days, i had days where i seemed to have to pee every 20min (not all day, everyday). it comes back when i gluten myself and usually a couple hours before i get it all out of my system. i can go 1/2 the day now before i feel the urge...on a good day.

Marsha

deevy.g Newbie

I too have noticed an increase in urination but never until now linked it to my gluten free diet! It was around the time that I went gluten-free that I noticed this increase and have been tested for diabetes etc. but nothing!

kayo Explorer

Same here! Since going gluten free I'm constantly peeing. I also feel thirstier than I was before but I don't think I'm drinking more, just the sensation of thirst is stronger, if that makes sense.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived