Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gluten_kills

Pain In Teeth

Ok, so the other day i ate something that i thought was gluten free but then later that evening i started stuttering and having the usual fog symptoms. but i didnt have any intestinal symptoms at all which is weird for me, i usually have severe intestinal cramping. then the next day my teeth hurt and i have had this before but had never related it to celiac before and then when i was in class and i said something about it one of my classmates said that teeth do not feel. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It is usually my front teeth but sometimes my molers also.

Lauren

Diagnosed with Celiac at age 6, 1995

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This is going to perhaps sound weird but barley has that effect on me also. Your freind is wrong when they say teeth don't 'feel'. We do have nerves in our teeth and also in the surrounding tissues. I guess they never had a toothache. <_<

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I used to have a lot of pain in my teeth - and I would constantly grind my teeth too, because of it. I had never attributed to anything until I realized that I stopped doing it... weird. I thought I'd need my wisdom teeth out or I had a cavity, but that dentist always said my teeth were fine. Weird.

Amber

Allergic to gluten - or possibly Celiac, testing very soon, and many seasonal environmental allergies. Mom of 2. #1 is anaphylactic to dairy, and allergic to soy and gluten. Dx'd with Autism 1/09, and responding very well to the gluten-free diet. #2 has outgrown all food allergies, but developed seasonal allergies that vary with the season.

I used to have a lot of pain in my teeth - and I would constantly grind my teeth too, because of it. I had never attributed to anything until I realized that I stopped doing it... weird. I thought I'd need my wisdom teeth out or I had a cavity, but that dentist always said my teeth were fine. Weird.

Amber

Allergic to gluten - or possibly Celiac, testing very soon, and many seasonal environmental allergies. Mom of 2. #1 is anaphylactic to dairy, and allergic to soy and gluten. Dx'd with Autism 1/09, and responding very well to the gluten-free diet. #2 has outgrown all food allergies, but developed seasonal allergies that vary with the season.

It could be neuralgia from inflammation. There's not much you can do about it, but if you can have Aleve it can help in cases of mild neuralgia in the teeth.

Diagnosed July 2004