Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

New Format

I agree. I find the new brightness harder on old eyes <_< Still, new things to learn keeps us young, I guess...

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

OK . . . got it . . . you have fallen out of the "standard" viewing mode.

To change (and this is what took me a while . . . I had to go find it . . . :P)

Go to your name in the green box at the top of the page.

Click on the arrow to get the drop down menu.

Click on My Settings.

On the page it takes you to, select Forums (in the gray header bar)

From there, scroll down to Topic Display Mode and select Standard.

Don't forget to Save Changes.

I don't have my name or the green box at the top of my page. In fact I was wondering how one logged on and off now, because there is nothing there :o So how am I able to post? I was logged in as anonymous at the time the board changed :huh:

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Join eNewsletter

Am I going MAD!!

I can't seem to find a way of making all forums read.

So that when I come back next time only the lastest posts are displayed ??

Best Regards,

David

Chronically Ill and lost 56lbs in 3 Months Prior to Diagnosis.

Diagnosed in Nov 2005 after Biopsy and Blood Tests

Cannot tolerate Codex Wheat Starch.

Self Taught Baker.

Bake everything from scratch using naturally gluten-free ingredients.

Join eNewsletter

I am slowly figuring out the new format. I would also like to know how to mark all forums as read. Thanks!!!

To mark all forums as read, go to the bottom of the page where there is a dark blue strip with English (USA) written on the left hand side. Immediately under this blue border are the options for

Forum Home

Delete My Cookies

Mark Board as Read

You can also mark the individual forums as read by going to the Forum Home Page and clicking on the Blue cube icon before each forum's name.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Join eNewsletter

Just a few questions?

How can i scroll all new messages in all forums that I didnt see before?

How can I mark all messages as read?

Is there something (without subscribing to email) a way to have threads marked that I replied too?

Generally, with the old format, I liked to scroll through all new topics and headers and just read the ones I had some interest in.

All the topics categories were available at one time and I didnt have to go back and forth to main menus. Is this still possible?

Thanks Ken

To see new messages since your last visit, click the "View New Content" on the right side (about the same location as where the "view new post" button was. If you are in the forums area, you'll get the newest posts/threads. If you are in the members area, you'll get the newest members.

Threads that you have replied to will have a little pencil across the bottom right corner of the thread listing.

Janet

animal0028.gif

Join eNewsletter

Thanks, found it although on my mac its on the left side. Maybe it depends on where one is within the new system as to where the button shows up. Last night I found mark all read but cant find it now. Its going to take some time.....

To see new messages since your last visit, click the "View New Content" on the right side (about the same location as where the "view new post" button was. If you are in the forums area, you'll get the newest posts/threads. If you are in the members area, you'll get the newest members.

Threads that you have replied to will have a little pencil across the bottom right corner of the thread listing.

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Join eNewsletter

Um, Janet..... ... . .......can you come over here this aft and show me where the fan switch on my furnace is?

:huh:

:lol:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Join eNewsletter

I'm an old dog, do not like change. If it takes up less usage, fine otherwise put it back. lol

What is driving me nuts is when I go from an email notification to the site, I am put to the top of the posting and have to page to find the newest addition.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

Join eNewsletter

I miss seeing the geographical location of the members...sometimes it helped prompting a reply as to availability of products, restaurants, doctors, etc. in their area.

My resolution for this year is to figure out how to connect my photo to my screen name. Wish me luck!I will throw out my copy of the old instructions, and now search out new instructions.

Join eNewsletter

I miss seeing the geographical location of the members

Oh I didn't notice that was gone. I liked it too.

1960s-had symptoms-could have been before but don't remember

1970s-told had colitis or nervous stomach-was given phenobarbital, felt great but still had symptoms

Me, dd and ds diagnosed with Lactose Intolerance

2000-osteopenia

2001-had stroke because of medications I was given

June 2003-saw Chiropractor who specialized in nutrition: Celiac Disease not Lactose Intolerance, went gluten free with once in awhile cheating, off soy and dairy for about 6 months

June 2003-found excellent doctor for fibromyalgia (who has found out she has Celiac Disease)

May 2006-went gluten free with NO cheating-excellent! Made all the difference in the world

Join eNewsletter

Forgive if this has already been asked here: Is there an easy way to see which of my subscribed topics have new posts I have yet to read?

Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Well, it looks nice, but it's way slower than it used to be. It's like going back to dial-up! There was also an unresponsive script, but I guess/hope that issue has been resolved, as it didn't appear this time.

Fix the sluggishness, and it'll be acceptable.

But I see every topic is still pinned :rolleyes: Kinda makes polls useless, as they don't stay on top, and quickly get buried out of sight. That is unless the new format has some option specifically addressing that. But why pin everything? Basically negates the very purpose of the feature.

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Join eNewsletter

Well, it looks like I am going to be logged in here for the rest of my life--and beyond :huh::blink:

I have no way to log out (or in, if I weren't already "in") B) You guys are stuck with me!!! :lol:

There is no log-in feature on my screen, no name bar showing I am here, and retyping the URL and coming in through the front door instead of the back doesn't change anything. So here I am forever!!

Neroli

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Join eNewsletter

Well, it looks like I am going to be logged in here for the rest of my life--and beyond :huh::blink:

I have no way to log out (or in, if I weren't already "in") B) You guys are stuck with me!!! :lol:

There is no log-in feature on my screen, no name bar showing I am here, and retyping the URL and coming in through the front door instead of the back doesn't change anything. So here I am forever!!

My username with a Signout and Help feature are in a smallish green box on the right hand side of the screen imbedded in the same blue header that has the big grey Celiac.com with the modern-looking circle/slash thru the wheat thingy/icon.

There!!! Does that make it clearer??? :lol::lol:

Works for me, Shroomie! :D

Ditto. :D

Janet

animal0028.gif

Join eNewsletter

Meh, I'm lukewarm on it. Too much white space (which makes it hard to read on my phone or laptop). But such is the way of web2.0+

It's just a way to display text, and works fine to that effect, though. There's no pleasing everyone on aesthetics. :P

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

Hi Everyone...thank you for your comments. I hope everyone has figured out most of the issues that have been posted here so far, and if not perhaps we can compile a single list here with all issues that are unresolved, or things that look like bugs? Any takers?

Unfortunately there is no going back to the old skin (look and feel), as it will not work on the new board software, so this is what the new look will be for some time--I'm sorry if some of you don't like it, but I've actually had far less backlash switching to this look compared to when I switched to the old board look several years ago. Anyway, it is my experience that you can't please everyone when making changes like this. Hopefully everyone can get used to the new look, and perhaps those who feel it is too bright can dim their screens a bit, as that should help.

Take care,

Scott

Scott Adams

Founder Celiac.com

Join eNewsletter

Please, please help. It used to be that I would view topics so I could see which topics had replies I had not read. Now, I have no idea how to access this. The topics portion on the lower right side does not have anything to indicate which topics have new posts and which do not . . . at least not that I can see. I hope I am wrong.

Sorry, but I find this site VERY user unfriendly at the moment . . . so much so that I am considering going to another site altogether for info, products, etc. Augh.

Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter