jackay

Looking For A Gluten Free Vitamin/Mineral Supplement

Rate this topic

Can anyone recommend a basic gluten free multivitamin and mineral supplement? I have so many sensitivities and am not having luck finding a supplement without anything extra added to it.

A lot of brands have citrus bioflavonoids. I tested severely intolerant to lemons so question if they are safe for me. I just purchased Kirkman Advanced Adult Multi-Vitamin/Mineral supplement and that contains resveratrol, which comes from grape skins. I tested moderately intolerant to grapes so question if that would be a problem. Last time I saw my doctor, he had a brand that had something else in it that I tested intolerant to, although I can't remember now what it was.

There has to be a brand out there that is just vitamins and minerals without anything else added. My diet is so limited right now because of all my intolerances that I feel I really should be taking a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. I only tested low on Vitamin B12, but I want to keep all the nutrients in the normal range.

I take Rainbow Light's Women's One Multivitamin. It does have a couple of extra things - dong quai, spirulina, red clover, kale, spinach, dandelion greens, and beets, and some digestive enzymes and probiotics - though. It's never bothered me at all, but I'm not the most sensitive in the world.

I take Rainbow Light's Women's One Multivitamin. It does have a couple of extra things - dong quai, spirulina, red clover, kale, spinach, dandelion greens, and beets, and some digestive enzymes and probiotics - though. It's never bothered me at all, but I'm not the most sensitive in the world.

I know that I can't handle beets so this one is out. Beet juice is used in a lot of yogurt and kefir for coloring so once I bring in more dairy, I'll have to watch labels for it there, too.

I use Kirkman's Everyday Multivitamin--Hypoallergenic.

http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/ViewProductDetails@Product_ID@224.aspx

I just checked this one out and it sounds like it may be my answer. I already supplement with Vitamin D3, so will just need to add a Vitamin A supplement and I should be set.

Thanks jerseyangel and tarnalberry for your suggestions.

I just checked this one out and it sounds like it may be my answer. I already supplement with Vitamin D3, so will just need to add a Vitamin A supplement and I should be set.

Thanks jerseyangel and tarnalberry for your suggestions.

I have a very hard time with supplements and have had no problems with this one. A dose is 2 capsules, I take one with breakfast and one with dinner. I use their D3 along with it.

I use Balance Point's C-Liac Vitality Packs (Intensive Care formula w/no iron) Works great for me!