beth67

Egg And Milk Allergy Now, Need Help

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with celiacs last September but still didn't feel good after three months on the diet so I had allergy testing done. I'm allergic to several things but can reintroduce after being off them for three months but the doctor said I have a fixed allergy to eggs and milk. I've been off the two since the beginning of February and still don't feel well. I've discovered that eggs and milk go by many names and I thought I was doing good until I looked at my vitamins which all have gelatin and that can be a source of eggs. Not sure if that small amount could be causing me to still feel bad. Does anyone have any info on a good brand of vitamins without any allergens?

Thanks,

Beth

I was diagnosed with celiacs last September but still didn't feel good after three months on the diet so I had allergy testing done. I'm allergic to several things but can reintroduce after being off them for three months but the doctor said I have a fixed allergy to eggs and milk. I've been off the two since the beginning of February and still don't feel well. I've discovered that eggs and milk go by many names and I thought I was doing good until I looked at my vitamins which all have gelatin and that can be a source of eggs. Not sure if that small amount could be causing me to still feel bad. Does anyone have any info on a good brand of vitamins without any allergens?

Thanks,

Beth

Have you checked out Country Life or Now brand? You may also want to post the question in the products section under a 'looking for gluten-free CF EF vitamin'.

Kirkman is also a good brand.

I'm really curious about the fixed allergy to milk and eggs. My doctor told me that I can try introducing foods back into my diet after 3-6 months, depending on how severely I reacted to them. Nothing was said about not ever being able to consume any of my intolerant foods other than gluten.

Thanks,

Beth

Hello Beth,

Have u thought about juicing to meet ur vitamin needs?

I just had an adverse reaction to herbal supplements as well as medication at Christmas time and I am still getting over it. Even a baby bit, can cause problems if u have allergies to these.

When I start to have raw again, when I am able, that is the approach I am taking, freshly made vegetable and fruit juices.

Peace41