Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coleslawcat

Yummy (And Healthy) Gluten Free Brownie Recipe

Before being diagnosed with celiac I used to follow a bunch of food blogs. I don't visit them as often as I used to but I'm glad I went back to this one a few nights ago. I found this wonderful recipe for a healthy brownie that happened to be gluten free. I baked up a batch that night. I ate them the following day like the recipe recommended and they were excellent. They aren't really a cakelike brownie texture, almost more of a mousse that holds up well in firm brownie form, but they tasted wonderful. I brought them over to a friends home and they were inhaled by adults and children alike. No one ever guessed the secret ingredients.

http://carascravings.blogspot.com/2010/02/treat-for-your-sweet.html

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing. I'm wondering how many eggs I should use instead of egg substitute?

Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

I've seen this recipe before and was intrigued but afraid to try it, now I will, Thanks!!

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

I make a black bean brownie that I found off a low carb site. This is an interesting twist on it, but I personally would leave out the expresso, since I hate coffee and dislike it in anything.

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.