Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwimmingUpstream

Pity Party

My boss did a very nice thing he knows that i am gluten free so he went in bought Katz Gluten free rugelech Choclate and cinnamon for everybody not only for me and the people there said "if this is Gluten free we are all in" my boss likes it as well and he said that its cheap for a specialty item so that way i wasnt left out of the picture

What a nice boss!

I know about pity parties! I'm in the Air Force and I was away at a military school for six weeks. My classmates and I went to Gatlinburg TN for a weekend. They decided to hit up a pancake restaurant for Easter Sunday breakfast. The only thing the restaurant had gluten free was bananas and coffee. I sat through two hours of torture while my classmates feasted on pancakes, whipcream, crepes, syrup etc...I just wanted to cry but instead I sucked it up and drank a ton of coffee. Yep, I know how you feel.

I thought they didn't allow people with Celiac in the military? Something about not being able to guarantee the ability to accommodate the medical needs in a war zone?

Is that untrue?

Happy pity party! LOL

It sucks to watch people just enjoy food without a care. But then you realize that since so many are undiagnosed and they think it's 1 in 100 that have celiac or gluten intolerance, then most likely there are some people scarfing down the donuts and having D or gas afterwards secretly.

True that!! I was talking to one woman at work and she says she has food issues too, but never cares to figure it out and she was like "what? you mean D is not a regular thing in life? It is in mine..." Thank GOODness I am not her. Or I suppose I should say - thank goodness I know what causes my issues and I stay away from it! :rolleyes:

I thought they didn't allow people with Celiac in the military? Something about not being able to guarantee the ability to accommodate the medical needs in a war zone?

Is that untrue?

When I got diagnosed I had already been in the Air Force for 11 years. I go through medical boards annually to ensure I'm able to conduct my duties. I think it also has soemthing to do with the career field the military member is in. I do know the military isn't letting people IN the military who is already diagnosed.