This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Don't Know Whats Happening To Me

jasonD2

jasonD2 Experienced

I swear I think its a curse cause the past 2 summers i felt great and as soon as fall sets in i start feeling like crap again.

I had the PillCam capsule endoscopy on Friday and basically had to fast for 24 hrs. I expelled the capsule friday night but since then i feel like my gastritis has returned and am constipated again. i have burning 20-45 min after meals and cant eat large meals w/o discomfort. i thought this hell was in the past and now it looks like its starting up all over again...i cant handle another winter of depression and illness...i cant! My life has been going so well since March...work is great, have a girlfriend and been feeling so much better....as most of you know i barely even posted on the forum for the past few months and when i do its not my usual neurotic tirades.

Im freaking out and have been depressed all day with my eyes filling up constantly...i havent had these emotions literally since January. What do I do?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gofluoridefree Newbie

Were you drinking lots of water on your fast? It could be fluoride overload. I have had tons of problems my whole life (see my profile), and I was allergic to what seemed like all foods. When I went gluten free, I actually got worse. I finally found out that this is because of fluoride in my water. I was cooking lots of veggies and rice on the stove, eating potatoes, eating more seafood, and eating more fruits and vegetables in general. All of these are sources of fluoride that can cause dizziness, anxiety, panic attacks, depression and more. Fluoride causes toxic fumes when it's heated, and can also cause Candida Overgrowth. Cutting fluoride out of your life might be the last thing you need to do to get back to health.

jasonD2 Experienced

hmmm interesting. but i only drink bottled water. i use filtered water to cook at home..never straight from the tap, so not sure if its that

burdee Enthusiast

I swear I think its a curse cause the past 2 summers i felt great and as soon as fall sets in i start feeling like crap again.

I had the PillCam capsule endoscopy on Friday and basically had to fast for 24 hrs. I expelled the capsule friday night but since then i feel like my gastritis has returned and am constipated again. i have burning 20-45 min after meals and cant eat large meals w/o discomfort. i thought this hell was in the past and now it looks like its starting up all over again...i cant handle another winter of depression and illness...i cant! My life has been going so well since March...work is great, have a girlfriend and been feeling so much better....as most of you know i barely even posted on the forum for the past few months and when i do its not my usual neurotic tirades.

Im freaking out and have been depressed all day with my eyes filling up constantly...i havent had these emotions literally since January. What do I do?

Are you taking HCl supplements with a full cup of water AFTER eating a few bites of food? (I hope you're not taking those at the end of your meal, which would cause burning pain.) I recall that you previously said you were tolerating HCl supplements and thoe improved your digestion. Did you have to take any other supplements for the Pillcam test? You sounded like you were doing okay on Saturday. What changed?

Lizking531 Rookie

the timing sounds so very familiar. I was doing great for just about 2 years - no problems, no this fall it seems like I'm sliding uncontrollably back to square 1.

gofluoridefree Newbie

hmmm interesting. but i only drink bottled water. i use filtered water to cook at home..never straight from the tap, so not sure if its that

There's actually still fluoride in bottled water (unless it's distilled). Most water bottles are filled with tap water from the city they are manufactured in; that means they could have up to 4 ppm of fluoride in them (that

mommida Enthusiast

Hi Jason,

I did notice you went AWOL for a while! It was after some girlfriend posts so I was thinkin' good for you. WINK

Well this is the third year in a row that my daughter started going down hill quick. She is going to be 8 in about 2 weeks and was diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitus when she was 6. When the air here starts getting dry and the leaves are falling off the trees -she gets really sick. Tired, dark circles under her eyes, GERD like vomitting, her voice is getting kinda hoarse, and a lot of pain especially at night. Poor kid is pretty miserable and I'm probably forgetting some of the complaints.

Well the eosinophilic (name the part of the digestive track they are found for specific disorder) is believed to have a "trigger" food or in the case with the esophagus a possible AIRBORN trigger.

Most cases are diagnosed from AUGUST/ September complaints.

There appears to be a connection to seasonal allergies.

Adults cases are also increasing.

My daughter does not complain of her throat, neck, or chest hurting just her stomach. She will circle bottom ribs to just below her waist.

Have your doctors ever ordered the pathology test for eosinophil detection? What time of the year where your endoscopes with biopsy taken?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jasonD2 Experienced

No i drink spring water and SMART water (vapor distilled) - just use filtered tap for cooking

jasonD2 Experienced

Dunno Sue - actually had to stop the HCL for a bit. I usually take at the beginning of the meal - been doing really well but something flared up on me so i dont want to exacerbate with acid. I will give it a few days and see how i do. no other supplements - i did fast and swallow that huge pill so maybe it threw off the balance in my system somehow. i know changing eating habits can cause constipation and has in the past so maybe the fast caused that. hope this is a temporary thing cause i really wanna start the antibiotic regimen in a few weeks

Marz Enthusiast

Sounds like a potential seasonal allergy messing around with you?

Another idea is Vitamin D deficiency? During summer you get more sun and therefore feel better, with fall sunlight exposure goes down and you start feeling crap? Long shot, but worth mentioning.

burdee Enthusiast

Dunno Sue - actually had to stop the HCL for a bit. I usually take at the beginning of the meal - been doing really well but something flared up on me so i dont want to exacerbate with acid. I will give it a few days and see how i do. no other supplements - i did fast and swallow that huge pill so maybe it threw off the balance in my system somehow. i know changing eating habits can cause constipation and has in the past so maybe the fast caused that. hope this is a temporary thing cause i really wanna start the antibiotic regimen in a few weeks

If you fasted before doing the test, less food consumption will affect regularity. Also going off the acid supplements for a few days may cause returned indigestion, because your stomach acid is inadequate to digest what you eat without uncomfortable symptoms. I suspect your system will straighten out after you resume taking the HCl and eat normally.

sandsurfgirl Collaborator

Change of season is hard on the body. I always get sick when seasons change unless I get acupuncture. I get a treatment to balance me out and get me ready for the change and it totally works.

Breathe and relax jason. You've made tons of progress and you will not go back to the way it was before. It's okay to have a bad or two or three.

Archived