Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poppi

I Want A Cup Of Coffee So Bad Right Now

I've never been able to drink coffee - it always gave me painful gas. Love the smell of it, though.

Edited to say that I loved the smell of the coffee, not the gas. lol

Rickets (severe Vitamin D deficiency) shortly after birth
First trip to Dr with severe C, age 7
Infertility, multiple miscarriages, eventually adopted 2 boys (not related)
2010: Negative celiac blood test, but staying on gluten free diet due to vast improvement in all symptoms
2011: June - started low salicylate diet to improve rosacea - it worked really well!
2012: May - started Paleo way of eating. Emotions and blood sugar seem to have evened out. Brain fog vanished.

2013: May - after 4 month elimination diet, was able to add back dairy, but nightshades are gone for good (my arthritis is gone, too!!!)

I've never been able to drink coffee - it always gave me painful gas. Love the smell of it, though.

:lol: :lol:

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

:D :D :D Thanks for the giggle. Nothing quite like waking up to the smell of fresh brewed gas.

Sara

Busy mom to 3 great kids (4, 8 and 18)

Gluten free since April 6, 2011 ~ Also sensitive to coconut, coffee and food dyes

Joint pain, mouth sores, back and neck pain, migraines, stomach pain, chronic fatigue, ADD and depression are all gone.
Wishing I had been diagnosed before celiac robbed me of the cartilage in my toes and the 3 babies we lost to miscarriages.

:D :D :D Thanks for the giggle. Nothing quite like waking up to the smell of fresh brewed gas.

Thank goodness I dont BREW up as much gas as I used to :lol: :lol:

Gluten free Oct/09
Soy free Nov/10

Thank goodness I dont BREW up as much gas as I used to :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I really had a hard time stiffling the giggles at these last posts! My hubby was snoring next to me and I didn't want to wake him up. Alas! I'm wide awake and jittery because we went to a coffee shop tonight to hear a friend perform and I forgot to ask for my latte decaf. I can remember before going off caffiene that I could go to sleep 5 minutes after an espresso because I was so tolerant of it. At least it's the weekend and I'll have help with the boys tomorrow! :D

Gluten free 6/10/11

Negative blood test for celiac 7/7/11

History, genetics, and response to diet point to celiac anyway.

Sy