Lori2

Keep Repeating It--

Rate this topic

Some of you who have been posting for some time may get tired of saying the same thing repeatedly. However, there are some like me who are slow learners. I don't know how many times "you" have said to watch how many processed products we eat in a day that are listed as gluten-free--less than 20ppm--there's a cumulative effect. Since I don't eat very many processed products, I didn't think that applied to me. But then it finally dawned on me that it's just as bad to eat four servings of one product as it is to eat one serving of four different products. I may really like those crackers, but eating a whole box in one day is not a good idea even if they are listed as gluten-free.

• Upvote 1

I am a slow learner too. A few weeks ago, I had a package of gluten free muffins, some cookies and a few donuts - all gluten free. I was sick as a dog.

I am swearing off anything in a box (again)

Yeah, I think sometimes there is a bad box here and there too. I ate box of gluten-free crackers over a couple days from a brand I usually tolerate and it got me. There was no other explanation for the trouble because everything else I had been eating was home-cooked from scratch.

I have definitely noticed differences in reactions to different boxes of the same thing. I am so sensitive that it feels like I'm playing Russian Roulette every time I open a new box.

Companies change processing facilities, lines, add new products, change suppliers etc. all the time, and they don't tell us first. How dare they! LOL