This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Back On The Wagon And Icky

Chad Sines

Chad Sines Rising Star

I had been being bad for a little bit but since Sunday I have been all good. Odd thing is that I seem to be having more GI issues, heartburn, diarrhea, nausea, and slight vertigo. The only thing I added was a simple multivitamin yesterday and zinc/calcium/magnessium yesterday as i was getting the leg cramps, digest gold digestive enzymes on tuesday. I am wondering if the digestive enzymes are doing it. I am also wiped fatigue wise.

It is mostly weird because it feels almost like a GI bug but I cannot think of anything that might have caused it.

Bad bellies suck. Hmm. That made me feel better.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sandsurfgirl Collaborator

Would you like us to chastise you for cheating? I can put you in time out if you like.

No cheating allowed!

mushroom Proficient

You are being punished for misbehavior :ph34r:

Chad Sines Rising Star

LOL. I'll be good.

I am curious if it is not smart to nix the vitamins and digestive enzymes (and everything else not food) completely until having some stable tummy and then adding them slowly to be sure one of them is not causing it. In hindsight I kinda think that may be what I keep doing. Getting on track, getting better, intro vitamins and/or digestive enzymes and at some point start to go downhill, be bad..rinse and repeat.

Our guts are just so screwy. I just discovered that it now no longer likes eggs. I want to divorce my GI system.

Definitely go slow with adding things, especially since you are a toxic gluten filled gluteny mess. LOL

Seriously though, please don't cheat. It's autoimmune and you're literally damaging your intestines.

What gluten foods are you needing? Let us help you on how to substitute. I've got a little boy who has celiac too so I've had to work hard to find all his fun foods and keep him happy being gluten free. The only thing I haven't found gluten free yet is wontons and wonton wrappers. I think they exist but I haven't seen them anywhere. Everything else I've either found or been able to replicate and make it taste good.

You and your GI tract need to go to marriage counseling and let her b%$@# you out for feeding her poison! Oh wait she is giving you the riot act already. :P

mushroom Proficient

I want to divorce my GI system.

It is possible to do that. Face Mecca and repeat three times :lol: I did that with my legs :blink:

Seriously, it is not a good idea to introduce a whole bunch of stuff at once. My nutrionist put me on a bunch of supplements and I added them in VEEERRYY slowly so I could see what they were or weren't doing.. You can go back to the beginning and do that again and check for reactions. otherwise you may never know.

Chad Sines Rising Star

I can resist almost anything except...pizza. We have gluten-free pizza here, but occasionally friends order regular pizza and I am weak. What do you expect from a man. We are not all that bright.

I love my taco bell as well but there is wheat in their meat.

My usual issue is that I wait too long to eat dinner and get into a low-blood sugar mode and get weak.

Hmm. maybe gluten-free pizza tonight.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I can resist almost anything except...pizza. We have gluten-free pizza here, but occasionally friends order regular pizza and I am weak. What do you expect from a man. We are not all that bright.

My usual issue is that I wait too long to eat dinner and get into a low-blood sugar mode and get weak.

Keep those gluten free frozen pizzas in your freezer at all times. If you want to actually make an excellent pizza, I use Gluten Free Pantry french bread and pizza crust. It is SO good. Everyone I've served it to loves it. It only takes about 20 minutes start to finish. Mix it up. Oil your hands so you can pat it down on a cookie sheet. Throw on sauce and toppings and bake it.

I keep mozarrella and pepperoni in the freezer at all times so I can make pizza in a flash. I also keep that crust mix on hand and jars of sauce in the cupboard. I can always whip up a pizza if I need to. My neighbors got Costco pizza and invited my non celiac husband and daughter to eat. I ran home and made a pizza really fast. They liked mine better when they tasted it!

Taco Bell and Del Taco are out completely sad to say. Del Taco puts soy sauce in everything even in their beans. Grr.

sreese68 Enthusiast

I tried Digest Spectrum enzymes for awhile (same maker as your enzymes), and it gave me migraines and C. I get C from food intolerances. I'd personally stop taking it and try it again when you feel better. Try it for a few days before adding anything else new.

Chad Sines Rising Star

Milk and soy are evil to me. Eggs are out for now.

I will get some gluten-free pizzas for those cravings or when someone orders pizza. I honestly had not thought of that.

I am a good boy now. No cheating.

Milk and soy are evil to me. Eggs are out for now.

I will get some gluten-free pizzas for those cravings or when someone orders pizza. I honestly had not thought of that.

I am a good boy now. No cheating.

I'm not sure if I'm old enough to be your mother but I will mother you. LOL

Can you eat cheese but not straight milk? I heard that is often the case. Milk and ice cream are rough on someone but they can eat cheese and yogurt or whatever.

How on earth do you survive a cheat? I'm diligent about crumbs and not having someone drink from my straw if they ate gluten because of the reactions.

I looked at your profile. Similar age to you so I can't be your mother. :lol:

Chad Sines Rising Star

I was never officially diagnosed with celiac; however, i had the symptoms and got better after stopping gluten. I was miserable for a year. 24/7 nausea/vomiting/vertigo/etc. That said the reactions I have start out more slowly and build up quickly.

Chad Sines Rising Star

Sorry mommy. Forgot to answer your milk question. I seem to get sinusy and GI issues with milk or cheese. That is another bad thing about pizza. If i eat cheese I will be congested the next day a good bit and sometimes belly icky.

UnhappyCoeliac Enthusiast

repping men struggling with boring and yucky diets because of Celiac. Ive eaten pizza for tea for at least 60% of the time for the last two years (I would starve all day before indulging)

Just recently gone Gluten-Free and yeh it sucks its boring its freakn disgusting like ugh.

Veggies make me gag like I am eating my own excrement, I have to swallow them with water it just ugh

I was never officially diagnosed with celiac; however, i had the symptoms and got better after stopping gluten. I was miserable for a year. 24/7 nausea/vomiting/vertigo/etc. That said the reactions I have start out more slowly and build up quickly.

In my opinion dietary response is "official" enough. If gluten makes you that sick you have celiac. Screw the lame tests that are so inaccurate anyway. I did get a blood test confirmation but refused to stay on gluten for endoscopy. I wanted off that sickness roller coaster. I don't believe in gluten intolerance either but that's me. I think it's just baby celiac waiting to blow up and the tests are bad and should be changed.

How long have you been gluten free? The dairy problem just may clear up after you've been healed, another reason not to cheat so that you don't keep adding damage on top of old damage. I eat dairy with no problems now and have for quite awhile.

Chad Sines Rising Star

I agree with the diet diagnosis. I had some kind of blood test 10 yrs ago that I have no clue what the results were. 10 yrs of docs not being sure what these flare ups where. then in 2010 it hit like a ton of bricks. sick 24/7, vomiting all day every day, all the other stuff. never skin rash. finally figured myself out.

I have been gluten free since March but not 100%. Been doing pretty good; however, not perfect enough. The last couple of months I was in a "screw it" phase . Regret that. No more. I feel great after being a good boy. just gotta stop being a dumba.. It is such a major quality of life disease that it makes no sense to be a moron.

I agree with the diet diagnosis. I had some kind of blood test 10 yrs ago that I have no clue what the results were. 10 yrs of docs not being sure what these flare ups where. then in 2010 it hit like a ton of bricks. sick 24/7, vomiting all day every day, all the other stuff. never skin rash. finally figured myself out.

I have been gluten free since March but not 100%. Been doing pretty good; however, not perfect enough. The last couple of months I was in a "screw it" phase . Regret that. No more. I feel great after being a good boy. just gotta stop being a dumba.. It is such a major quality of life disease that it makes no sense to be a moron.

ROFL, yes being a moron doesn't help you. The thing is that celiac is an all or nothing disease. Once you are totally gluten free and you get healed, your body won't tolerate small amounts of gluten anymore. You'll be used to feeling well and you'll really notice when you have an autoimmune reaction going on.

With food allergies it's a histamine response and often people can tolerate small amounts of their allergen. Not so with celiac. We are having an all out war in our intestines every time we eat gluten because our body perceives the gluten as a poison and then turns on itself. You have never fully healed so you're still a newbie even though you've had some months gluten light.

The advice we always give to the newbies is to eat a clean diet. Cut soy and dairy for awhile, eat super healthy and simple. Then slowly add in more complex gluten free substitute foods. Your body needs the best fuel and good rest to heal all that damage. I envision this little team of construction workers going nuts rebuilding that city in your gut. Then you eat some gluten and crash... there go those beautiful new skyscrapers and they have to start all over again. If they don't have all the right building materials through your healthy diet, your little construction crew is working at half capacity or less.

Now I'm dealing with an endocrine issue and I'm back on the simple clean diet again. I'm juicing and eating soups with a whole bunch of veggies in them so my body has all the tools it needs to heal itself.

As far as pizza with the guys goes, odds are that some of your friends have celiac or other food intolerance issues. They estimate that between and 10 and 30% of people have problems with gluten. How many of them go home with heartburn, gut pain, headaches, and maybe even unmentionables after eating that pizza? But maybe they don't tell anyone and suffer in silence. And over time that gluten pizza will do its damage to them and you will be getting healthier while they keep putting crap in their bodies. I never envy my gluten eating friends anymore. They are just putting off the inevitable consequences of our pathetic modern diet.

Archived