lucky28

Miserable ;(

Rate this topic

Increasingly over the last month or so my symptoms have returned worse than ever; D, cramps,gas,bloating etc. It actually seems worse than before diagnosis and going gluten-free. I am miserable. I have been gluten-free since august. I am exploring all possibilities for this; cc, other intolerances, possibly other issues. Possibly a ss? I am so tired of feeling like this! I try to have a good outlook and press on- but this is starting to get to me! I have decided that I am going back to my original gluten-free diet of rice, chicken, bananas and almond butter; the foods I had started with when I first went gluten-free and started to feel better and see how that goes. Thanks for letting me vent, I am just so uncomfortable and frustrated!

Your body may be de-toxing, or you may be sensitive& getting gluten from utensils,dining out or a product around your house....For instance pet food ???? scratched plastics,scratched pots & pans ...

Mamaw, unfortunately it may be all of the above :( (Except the dining out) We are on a very tight budget here and it has taken me since august to get just some basic commercial gluten-free products. I guess I will go back to rice (rice cooker has remained gluten-free) and cooking my food in tin foil (no cc). Then instead of expanding my pantry, work on getting the pets gluten-free and some new tupperware for food @ work. Possibly ask for new pots and pans from santa ;) Do you think I NEED to get rid of my cast iron? I can probably count on one hand the # of times over the last 10 or so years it was used for anything glutenny. Do you think scrubbing and re-seasoning would work?

There does seem to be a lot of us that get sad/angry/depressed around the three month mark. Just seems like it is taking forever with only small if any improvement :(

I had to go back to basics. Meat, veg, fruit. Added ONE ingredient at a time and only one a day or every few days if I was having troubles. Makes it so so so much easier to find what works and what doesn't. Seems my body is quite happy now without all the chemicals/additives. I really hope this works for you too.

Make sure you find something to keep you calm ( i know.. sounds impossible). Read, walk, play with your pet, put on your favourite music. And get on here to vent or get more advice because without this place I would have been in the mental ward!

Processed gluten-free stuff doesn't sit well with us. Staying away from it is for the best. We reseasoned our cast iron successfully, and got used stainless steel pots.

• Upvote 1