Debbie48

Please Recommend A Great Cookbook

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

Three weeks now supposedly gluten free (just found out yesterday that my special biotene dry mouth gum may contain gluten). Yikes! I chew that pretty much all day. Now chewing "Spry" that is gluten free but not near as good for the severe dry mouth issue.

Anyway, I was never much of a cook anyway, but I did have some rather tasty meals. Now I keep cooking the same 4 or 5 things over and over.

Please, anyone have a great cookbook suggestion or two? One that is easy and doesn't require many ingredients would be even better. I also like to use the crockpot.

Everyone here has been so helpful so far and I appreciate it so much! I've been so sick for 7 months and I'm very hopeful this diet will make me feel better (my son too).

Thank you so much!

Debbie

Are you cooking for yourself or a family?

If you're cooking for a family (or like having leftovers to freeze) I highly recommend Make it Fast, Cook it Slow. I cook from this book at least 3 nights a week and will often have 2 crock pots going at the same time with a main course and a side dish or dessert.

I love Gltuen Free, Hassle Free or Carol Fenster's 1000 Best Gluten free Recipes

Dr Sue Shepard has great cookbooks. I have the gluten free kitchen - easy peasy but delish recipes and great photos etc.

She is Australia and this is her website - but I am sure you can get the books on amazon or something.

http://shepherdworks.com.au/shop/category/books

Another vote for Carol Fenster! YUMMMMMMMY! She has a specific cookbook for easy (or maybe fast) meals, I got that for my mom. I have the 1000 gluten-free recipes.

-Daisy