- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Easy Anytime Smoothie (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Easy Anytime Smoothie (Gluten-Free)
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
Easy Anytime Smoothie. Photo: CC-Jose Carlos Cortizo Perez
I love fruit smoothies! I love them for breakfast, I love them for lunch, I love them for a snack, and I even love them for dessert.
This smoothie is one of the easiest, moist satisfying smoothies I know how to make. It's also quite flexible. You can use so many different kinds of fruits or berries, according to your tastes or what's available.
For each smoothie take:
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup of whole raw milk, or whole, non-homogenized organic milk
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla
1 tablespoon honey, dissolved in 1 tablespoon wam water
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup blackberries
1/2 cup peach
1 pinch of sea salt
Mix ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).