19 replies to this topic

#16 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

ahhh!  creeper!!  lolz - yes, my husband did that :)  but i was hesitant to suggest it because not everybody has cast iron grates and is handy with a torch.  also, we 'reseasoned' our cast iron pans by putting them in the oven on the self-clean cycle.  seems to have worked. or we maybe never cooked anything with gluten in them??  

i like the replacing the grates, karen, i am just married to a stubborn man!   :P

We just get something like this.  My hub would think his time was worth more than the $20 to replace the grates.  ^_^

http://www.homedepot...02018231?N=bxde

When we travel and want to use a grill at the hotel or condo, we get some disposible ones from Walmart.  The ones I get have ridges &  small slits oin the bottom to let the grease out.  You open them up.   My hub positions them on the dirty grill and opens the holes that are between the dirty grates.  Keeps the food off the grate. Couldn't find the exact kind to show you.  They are 3 for about $4. 

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

we take the little grill with us when we travel, also.  i will look for those disposable ones :)  great idea in a pinch!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#18 JamieRmusic

JamieRmusic

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

May I ask how long you have been affected by gluten? It can take a long time for your body to recover. If it has gone over a long period, i.e longer than a year then the recovery can be everything from a few months to a year+. For my it has been 9 months and I'm still recovering. Probably another x months before things go back to normal. Just gotta be a trooper and hang in there!

Life is a wonderful ride. Don't resist, hide in your thoughts or live in alternative realities. Open your eyes or you might miss out. It is happening right now. 

Work on becoming the strongest version of yourself, so you can help other people become stronger and better. - Elliot Hulse

#19 morvenite

morvenite

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I want to thank everyone who has posted on this topic for their comments and suggestions. As suggested, a couple of weeks ago I adopted a dairy free protocol and was already to declare "mission accomplished" .......until today !! There definitely seemed to be an improvement in the number of D days, but then "wham" again today. So, guess I'll have to be even more vigilant about the Gluten content of foods eaten in tiny amounts and try to sort out what's causing the problem. It sure doesn't help that the reaction time (as reported here) seems to vary substantially (maybe even on a personal basis).

I'm also wondering if anyone else has had any experience with proton pump inhibitors. I've been on one for about 2 years, roughly the same length of time I've had "D" issues. Maybe I should start a new topic about this.

#20 anti-soprano

anti-soprano

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better.  Give it some time, you'll figure it out.  Sorry I can't help you with the proton pump inhibitor.  I don't really know what that is/does.  Ignorance is bliss, I'm sure  :D

I hope you continue to improve!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: