Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten Free, Meat Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free.

meat free soy free dairy free gluten free

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 _____bee

_____bee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Does anyone else have these allergies? It is difficult for me to find things that I am able to eat without spending too much money on it. I am on a tight budget and shopping gluten free is moderately expensive for me already.

Any suggestions please? Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 julissa

julissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

I am gluten dairy and soy free, but I do eat meat. can you have fish or chicken? I eat alot of that with fresh whole foods, not processed gluten free packaged stuff. that stuff is pretty expensive and I am happier not having food out of a box. I usually make up a tray of baked chicken, maybe fish in the oven and have it for the week. then I bake a bunch of sweet potatoes for the week. roast assortments of veggies in a tray and you can eat that all week too, like eggplant, mushrooms, squash. spaghetti squash is a favorite around here. shop mainly the perimeter of your stores, that's where the real food is, make up a bunch and eat all week.

I also have almond milk and make a fruit smoothie with it every night.

#3 lorka150

lorka150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

I'm gluten-free and vegan (so no meat or dairy, in your case), and a family member is soy-free, so other than eating the odd tofu, I don't eat any soy, really. Maybe you can tell me the kinds of things you are looking for, and I can offer a whole whack of budget-friendly suggestions :)

Gluten-free, Vegan

#4 Brandiwine

Brandiwine

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Like Julissa said best bet is to cook in bulk and eat for a few days. It takes a lot of stress out of it. I was Vegan before finding Celiac and give in on dairy sometimes since going gluten-free mainly because of how hard it is to cut out so many things. When I'm starved, haven't got any prepared foods left in the frig I hit the produce section of my grocery store and throw together a salad or stir fry. I usually spend one weekend a month making up stuff I can freeze like pesto to add to roasted potatoes or gluten-free pasta, black bean patties, French bread, burritos ect. That way I can pull it out later it saves stress!

Vegetarian, Gluten Free diet since 03/2013, sensitivity to raw onions, soy, allergic to Cinnamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: