Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free, Meat Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free.

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone else have these allergies? It is difficult for me to find things that I am able to eat without spending too much money on it. I am on a tight budget and shopping gluten free is moderately expensive for me already.

Any suggestions please? Thanks!

Ads by Google:

I am gluten dairy and soy free, but I do eat meat. can you have fish or chicken? I eat alot of that with fresh whole foods, not processed gluten free packaged stuff. that stuff is pretty expensive and I am happier not having food out of a box. I usually make up a tray of baked chicken, maybe fish in the oven and have it for the week. then I bake a bunch of sweet potatoes for the week. roast assortments of veggies in a tray and you can eat that all week too, like eggplant, mushrooms, squash. spaghetti squash is a favorite around here. shop mainly the perimeter of your stores, that's where the real food is, make up a bunch and eat all week.

I also have almond milk and make a fruit smoothie with it every night.

I'm gluten-free and vegan (so no meat or dairy, in your case), and a family member is soy-free, so other than eating the odd tofu, I don't eat any soy, really. Maybe you can tell me the kinds of things you are looking for, and I can offer a whole whack of budget-friendly suggestions :)

Like Julissa said best bet is to cook in bulk and eat for a few days. It takes a lot of stress out of it. I was Vegan before finding Celiac and give in on dairy sometimes since going gluten-free mainly because of how hard it is to cut out so many things. When I'm starved, haven't got any prepared foods left in the frig I hit the produce section of my grocery store and throw together a salad or stir fry. I usually spend one weekend a month making up stuff I can freeze like pesto to add to roasted potatoes or gluten-free pasta, black bean patties, French bread, burritos ect. That way I can pull it out later it saves stress!