Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Strugle - Abdominal Muscle Cramps, Lactose Intolerance.

3 posts in this topic

Im non celiac gluten sensitivity person, but because of gluten my intestine gets inflammed, a non specific inflamation, i become lactose intolerant, my belly becames stiff, and I cant do any exercises, because if I do, I get abdominal muscle cramps immediately, but those cramps are only in the abdominal muscles. anyone like me?? 

Ads by Google:

Hi Felps,

I used to have gut spasms when I first went gluten-free.  I also had muscles twitching at times.  It wasn't a direct reaction to exercize though.  Just because you didn't get  a positive on a test, doesn't mean you don't have celiac disease.  The testing process is not perfect.

Your intestines may be inflamed and irritated.  That might cause muscles cramps.  Or you could be low in some vitamins or minerals.  Or you might have a blood sugar issue.  It is possible for a gluten reaction to cause many different symptoms, including muscle cramps.  So that seems the most likely cause to me.

Felps, I have taken your reply and posted it as a New Topic under the Coping section titled Ncgi and its symptoms found here: http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/105400-ncgi-and-its-symptoms/ 

This will draw the attention it needs from more members.  I wish you well.

Colleen