4 replies to this topic

#1 Mid-Thirties-GlutenFree

Mid-Thirties-GlutenFree

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

Attached please find a Kroger food list that I found with products that do not contain gluten.  It looks like it is updated as of 5/14. 

https://www.kroger.c...54615adf?data=1

Let me know if there are any brands listed that may cause problems.  Cleaning out the kitchen pantry tonight.  (The list can be updated online by region - Gluten free product list at Kroger.com (70 pages).  Thanks,

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

It's a lovely list but I wouldn't throw out your Hunts tomato sauce ( as an example) because they didn't put it on this list. These lists are nice guidelines when you are starting gluten-free but they cannot possibly list every product that does not contain gluten. The best way to determine if a food has gluten is to read the label.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 notme!

notme!

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

here is a helpful link :)

http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

if you read the disclaimer at the top of the list, even it says you must read the label every time.  these are not the only gluten free foods that kroger sells, and not all products are sold at every store.  most canned veggies and fruits are gluten-free also fresh veg & meats.  i'm glad you are moving in the right direction and i hope your husband feels better soon.  i have celiac and my husband does not, but my kitchen is pretty much dedicated (gluten free) and he eats gluten free with me (with occasional 'regular' bread lolz)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

I think a lot of newly diagnosed Celiacs think that if it doesn't say gluten free than you can't have it.  NOT TRUE.  Like we all say, read labels.  Lists will do you no good because they can change product ingredients at any time.

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

#5 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

I just want to throw out there that I shop at Kroger occasionally, and went there today to get a few things, and noticed one or two products of theirs that used to be labeled gluten-free not labeled as such anymore.  So remember it is extra important to read ingredient lists.  Now I am very sad I don't have a source of that chicken meat seasoned for fajitas, it is great for parties.  Kroger does have some gluten-free shelf tags (a little brown box on the white tag) but half the gluten-free items don't have them.  Also, since Kroger stores can differ a lot from one to another, many things on the list aren't going to be in the store, unless you have one of those super krogers.

If you really want a comprehensive grocery list to start from (as a guide, then read ingredients to be doubly sure), I use the cecelias marketplace grocery shopping guide.  It is nice when you are at a different store and not sure which brands to start looking at, or are buying something that you don't normally buy.  You can find it at http://www.ceceliasm...ten-free-guide/    They will publish alerts on their website if something changes, but they don't always get everything as soon as it happens.  But that is the book I used when I first went gluten-free and it gave me a great starting place.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: