35 replies to this topic

#31 klk9100

klk9100

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

I don't know if this would apply to anyone in this thread, but someone posted some research in another part of this forum that mentioned many celiacs have a nickel allergy, and nickel shows up in a number of foods. Google "foods high in nickel" to learn more.

interesting. what are the symptoms of a nickel allergy? everything i see on google talks about "contact dermatitis" rashes etc. all of my symptoms seem to be in my throat and mouth :/

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 shendler

shendler

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

Are you allergic to latex by any chance? I ask because all the fruit and vegetables you are allergic are cross over food allergies with latex. I am also allergic to latex and I'm allergic to avacado, banana, tomato, pepper, potato and a bunch of orher fruits and vegetables. Kiwi/banana are two of the four that are highly related to latex allergies. It's not an underlying condition but it explains why you are allergic to what you are allergic to.

Here is a link so you can see the complete list http://latexallergyr...s-reactive-food

#33 klk9100

klk9100

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

hey shendler---- thanks for posting! i've been tested for latex allergies….. its negative. I'm not IGE allergic to tomatoes or bananas.  i had a big hive for green pepper, a 1/4 for potato and avocado…. 

i've been able to determine that i am slightly sensitive to sulfites, but that doesn't seem like its my main issue. still feel horrible, and am reacting to basically everything. i thought i had turkey on my good list, but i reacted to that the other day too. 

i definitely react to: 

dark chocolate- not ige

potatoes 1/4 on scratch test

corn*4/4 on scratch test

bananas*- not ige ( wondering if my current reaction is OAS to Ragweed since i have seasonal ragweed and other allergies)

pears*- not ige

i think i react to rice (1/4) too. 

** mouth itching. with the dark chocolate and potatoes its more of a whole body misery MY FEET HURT SO BAD-?!?!. i decided to try some enjoy life crunchy chocolate chip cookies. and it was a really bad choice. my head is throbbing. 

part of my problem is that i am also a hypochondriac. so i think i have everything i read about. and i jump from theory to theory too quickly. but i am thinking of investigating either phenols or oxalates next. 

this food allergy stuff is a special kind of misery….. been at it since june and still haven't gotten far, other than ruling out anything that would show up on a standard blood test,  i guess. the drs don't seem to have much to offer, so it looks like I'm going this one alone (well, with you guys too). i am having a scope to check for eosinophilic esoph. in november. they will also biopsy small intestine. 

#34 shendler

shendler

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

Maybe just try a food alimination diet and then you can see when you add food to your diet all the foods you react to?

#35 ivyandwill

ivyandwill

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

I eat gluten free but also have intolerance to many foods.  I use my gut as a guide.  In terms of actual allergy, so many of the positives can be false so if you were eating them before without trouble, I'd try them again, only do it at a time and day when you can treat yourself should you react.

#36 klk9100

klk9100

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

I eat gluten free but also have intolerance to many foods.  I use my gut as a guide.  In terms of actual allergy, so many of the positives can be false so if you were eating them before without trouble, I'd try them again, only do it at a time and day when you can treat yourself should you react.

Thanks for your reply!

Since this "issue" has been going on so long i am gradually just eating stuff. i am stubborn about the cream in my morning coffee, but have made several realizations. 

1. ICE CREAM makes me fall asleep. The Breyers All Natural Vanilla Kind, i don't venture far from it, but I'm out like 30 minutes later.

2. This is an Either-OR. Either Paprika OR Beef is problematic. 

3. Almond Thins (Sea Salt) Are bothersome in an itchy-mouth kinda way. 

4. Potatoes(?) When I wasn't eating potatoes I wasn't experiencing the burning mouth and face feeling, but i ate some potato chips yesterday, and BAM its back. 

So, where I am now is:

Celiac- NO GLUTEN

Corn allergy(?) Fritos make me itch.

Potential Lactose intolerance

Sulphite Sensitivity (slight?) 

Problems with tree nuts? or just almonds? 

and Possible night shade issues. 

BAH HUMBUG. 

Someone let me know if they think I'm just missing the mark completely! Because I kinda think I might be. Is this what MCAS is? I read a blog by "The Patient Celiac" (google it) and she says that NSAIDS (aleve***** see my original post) can bring on MCAS. It would certainly be an explanation as to why my body is so out of whack. 

I even broke out in hives on one arm this weekend after petting a horse. 

surely i can't be allergic to EVERYTHING!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: