Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Burping And Belching

7 posts in this topic

We went out last night, had a lovely meal of chicken, pork on the spit, and vegetables without sauces. I did ask the cooks whether there was flour in the roast spuds etc, and was given the reply no.

But within an hour I was burping and belching and feeling uncomfortable, this went on for a couple of hours.

Does this mean I have been glutened? Or can I have burps and belches for two hours without being glutened?

I'm so upset with myself, it has really been a bad week for me. I feel at times, I never had these symptons pre diagnosis. I'm worse off now, and so sensitive, even to the littlest crumb by the feel of it.

The boss says go back to normal eating, I am sure he was only joking!

Cathy

Ads by Google:

Burping and belching can be a sign of a gallbladder that needs to come out, it can also be a sign of diverticulitis. I'm sure it's a sign of a million other things too, I can't recall ever burping alot after getting glutened though.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

can also be a symptom of gastric reflux

it can also be a sign of swallowing too much air. I do this a lot when I get sick, and am having problems with post nasal drip, or if I'm eating a lot of soup, or in a couple other eating situations.

I get the burping problem when glutened, so it is definitely possible that was the cause. Swallowing air is also possible.

I burp a lot when I have eaten something that bothers me - I am guessing it is the extra gas in my system but, really, who knows. I just know it happens with me. Once I figure out the trigger and avoid it, I don't burp.

This is one of my first symptoms of being gluttened. It when away when I went gluten free and now comes back when I am gluttened. I also get heartburn when gluttened. Among other stomach issues.

Monica