No replies to this topic

#1 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 03:44 AM

About a week ago a celiac friend let me try some ABSOLUTELY terrific choc. chip cookies -- better than anything you buy in a box and actually better than the old gluten-containing cookies you might make at home. I'm not a crazed cookie person, but I keep eating these constantly. I usually heat them up in the microwave so that the chips melt in and the whole thing is hot and soft. They actually come from a mix: Arrowhead Mills Wheat Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (it also says on the box that it's made with non-gluten ingredients). They only need to bake for 8-10 min., really fast to prepare, and delicious. A little advice for anybody who'll try this: when you place the cookie sheet (lightly greased) make sure that you make very small clumps of the "dough" that are taller than they are wide. The cookies will spread out a lot when they bake so if you make them a normal size and height, they'll end up all spreading together and being rather thin (still good, but not as pretty). :D Somebody who misses cookies, please try this.....these are so much better than any other gluten-free cookie I've had (and I thought Pamela's cookies were good.... <_< ).

-celiac3270

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: