2 replies to this topic

#1 abc

abc

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:53 AM

I have been gluten-free for about 6 weeks now, and dairy free for 5 weeks. Just getting to feeling a lot better, and yesterday I broke down and had a starbucks eggnog latte (telling myself it would be a test.) Well, I prepared myself for the worst stomach issues all day yesterday, but they never came. I was excited until I woke up this morn with typical lactose gas, bloating, loose poo, cramps. I always thought lactose int. was supposed to show up nearly immediately or up to 5 hours later. I had the latte at 10am yesterday? I also find that the smallest amounts of milk bother me - even if its only a tiny ingredient in a product? Has anyone else experienced this?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Audiori J

Audiori J

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:19 AM

Not for me, for me its almost 1 hour after having a shake or something that I will have an issue. But for me, its intermittant. Sometimes I would have that issue and sometimes not, that made it real hard to decide what was causing it. For me I think I am more lactose intollerant if I have had a heavy week of Gluten filled diet.

Not had a delayed reaction.
"This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have failed to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people." ~ CS Lewis

#3 num1habsfan

num1habsfan

Prairie field, possibly the best picture I've taken!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

No my lactose intollerance hits me almost immediately. I pretty much gotta know where the bathroom is in a place if I have a little dairy. Even the 1/2 cup a day rule is too much for me sometimes.
They always say that after going gluten/dairy free for a while you can tolerate lactose again...I hope you are one of those fortunate ones because i'm not :lol:
I've been gluten and lactose free (99% of the time) for almost 4 years and my lactose intollerance sure hasnt lightened up any!!!

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...
...26 years old...
...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: