This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hi Teenagers Of The gluten-free World! Lol Haha

Liz92

basketballstar15 Newbie

OMG! i love to draw and sing 2! I also dance and love to shop! i live in Nebraska and have been eating gluten free since january 2007! How long have you been celiac? How did you find out you were celiac? I am really short and so they finally tested me for celiac! I have already grown 2 inches and gained 3 pounds! what r ur fav glutenfree foods? do you play any sports? How old r u! I am 12 almost thirteen! ttyl!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Liz92 Rookie

OMG! i love to draw and sing 2! I also dance and love to shop! i live in Nebraska and have been eating gluten free since january 2007! How long have you been celiac? How did you find out you were celiac? I am really short and so they finally tested me for celiac! I have already grown 2 inches and gained 3 pounds! what r ur fav glutenfree foods? do you play any sports? How old r u! I am 12 almost thirteen! ttyl!

If ur talking to me, then iv been gluten-free for 2-3 years, (love to shop and dance too, even if it makes me sound like a ditz), most of my fgamilies celiac(don't ask me how they found out there, because about that im clueless), and yes, i luv sports, mostly basketball and volleyball and copoeira, tho i just started i luv it, and im 14. :)

ADF Coeliac Newbie

hey all. been diagniosed in 2004. i'm 18 and from Australia. I like to play Rugby union for my club and unit (3 RAR), that's about all the free time i get! Training and drills are most of my time, although i get to use the base's computers for about an hour each day.

• 3 weeks later...
Paris96 Newbie

Hey im from CA!! WHOOP WHOOP! I SING ACT AND DANCE. I WAS DIAGNOSED 2-3 WEEKS AGO! ITS REALLY HARD! I DONT KNOW ANYONE WITH CELIAC DESIE SORRY ITS LATE AND IM TIRED SO IM NOT SPELLING CORRECTLY RIGHT NOW! WELL THIS IS LIKE THE HARDEST THING EVER!

Anonymousgurl Contributor
Hey im from CA!! WHOOP WHOOP! I SING ACT AND DANCE. I WAS DIAGNOSED 2-3 WEEKS AGO! ITS REALLY HARD! I DONT KNOW ANYONE WITH CELIAC DESIE SORRY ITS LATE AND IM TIRED SO IM NOT SPELLING CORRECTLY RIGHT NOW! WELL THIS IS LIKE THE HARDEST THING EVER!

Hey! I'm from California too :) What part are you from? I think California seems like a pretty good place to be gluten free.

Paris96 Newbie
Hey! I'm from California too :) What part are you from? I think California seems like a pretty good place to be gluten free.

Ya im from San Diego! Ya there r lots of support groups here! i love the support groups not celiac! i hate whoever made it!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!! Well ya do anyone act sing dance lacross gymnastics. the only reason i ask is cuz i do all of that belive it or not!!!! :P

Anonymousgurl Contributor
Ya im from San Diego! Ya there r lots of support groups here! i love the support groups not celiac! i hate whoever made it!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!! Well ya do anyone act sing dance lacross gymnastics. the only reason i ask is cuz i do all of that belive it or not!!!! :P

Aww thats great that San Diego has a lot of support groups! That sounds fun. Because I live near San Francisco and there isn't any...AT ALL! Not one! :(

How old are ya?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Paris96 Newbie

YA WELL IM SORTA NOT REALLY A TEEN MORE LIKE A PRE-TEEN. BUT THERE WERE NO KIDS ONES SO HERE I AM!!!!! IM 12 AND GONNA BE 13 IN JANUARY! NOW DOES ANYONE PLAY LACROSS ACT SING DANCE?????????? AND ALSO CUZ THERE R NO SUPPORT GROUPS WHERE U LIVE!

• 4 weeks later...
Liz92 Rookie

psh, thats fine, believe me no ones gonna care considering w'ere welcoming people twice as old as tat.... i dunno who but in case ur wonderin(whoever) thats not a bad thing

• 3 weeks later...
roo#9 Newbie

hey

I found out I was celiac about 2 years ago. I like to play soccer and ultimate, I am on my schools track team. Where are you guys from?

MJS Rookie

Lacrosse? That's a scary sport. Very painful.

I like to run. I'm on my school's track and cross country teams, and although i'm not amazing at it, i just have a great time. there's nothing like running to make you feel better (or to stop those gluten crazvings ;) )

For fun I like to play soccer, and in the winter I go up north and snowboard with my cousins. Also drawing and writing are fun hobbies for when I'm bored and can't excercise (I live in Florida and right now there's so much smoke outside from the wildfires that it's not healthy to go out).

As far as languages go, I'm in my third year of spanish in school and I'm also fluent in Hindi because I'm half Indian.

Oh yeah, and I'm really glad I found this site!

roo#9 Newbie
Lacrosse? That's a scary sport. Very painful.

I like to run. I'm on my school's track and cross country teams, and although i'm not amazing at it, i just have a great time. there's nothing like running to make you feel better (or to stop those gluten crazvings ;) )

For fun I like to play soccer, and in the winter I go up north and snowboard with my cousins. Also drawing and writing are fun hobbies for when I'm bored and can't excercise (I live in Florida and right now there's so much smoke outside from the wildfires that it's not healthy to go out).

As far as languages go, I'm in my third year of spanish in school and I'm also fluent in Hindi because I'm half Indian.

Oh yeah, and I'm really glad I found this site!

hey, you speak a lot of languages! I just speak English (obviouslly) and kinda french. I live in bc. When did you find out you were celiac? :rolleyes:

MJS Rookie

i was diagnosed the summer after 9th grade. almost a year ago. how about you?

french is an amazing language, it's so beautiful!

and although i speak hindi, i'm no good at grammar or anything because i've never had formal instruction.

Kassie Apprentice

i also love to play soccer and i love running. i am on the track team. whats ultimate? thats cool that you can speak Hindi.

roo#9 Newbie

MJS - I was diagnosed 2 years ago.

Kassie - Ultimate is kinda like football but with a frisbee and no tackling and no..actually it's not really like football, but the same idea. :rolleyes:

Marty13 Newbie
i love to draw!!!!!

not sing, becuase that would probably hurt some peoples ears lol.

i love to sing it is like one of my favorite things to do. :rolleyes:

Marty13 Newbie
hey, you speak a lot of languages! I just speak English (obviouslly) and kinda french. I live in bc. When did you find out you were celiac? :rolleyes:

i was diagnosed when i was 6 years old and i am 13 now. :P

MJS Rookie

hey everyone,

my little sister has been experiencing celiac-like symptoms and my family and i were wondering about the testing. what are the blood tests available, and can her pediatrician set them up? (we don't know much about testing because i was diagnosed through endoscopy while checking out a different problem. but we don't want her to have to get one)

roo#9 Newbie
hey everyone,

my little sister has been experiencing celiac-like symptoms and my family and i were wondering about the testing. what are the blood tests available, and can her pediatrician set them up? (we don't know much about testing because i was diagnosed through endoscopy while checking out a different problem. but we don't want her to have to get one)

hey,

I was diagnosed when I went to the doctor (just my local clinic) and they noticed I was having celiac like symptoms. Then they just gave me a normal blood test and they did a TTG count in my blood and then the results were positve. I don't know if that will help you but good luck!

roo#9 Newbie
i was diagnosed when i was 6 years old and i am 13 now. :P

Are you lactose intallerent as well? I am not really sure if I am I just have a little bit of dairy and see how I feel. It seems to be fine for me.

Liz92 Rookie

Lacrosse is an awesome sport. so is ultimate! luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv those.

Lollipop Newbie

Hey, I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago! I used to play soccer but quit so I could spend more time riding. Lately I haven't been able to ride cuz iv been sick. going gluten free is a lot harder than i thought it would be. i also have eosinophilic esophagitis (e.e.), which is like an allergy. They thought i had e.g.e. (Eosinophilic gastroenteritis), too, which is a food allergy. So I was on an elimination diet (no milk, wheat, eggs, nuts, fish, or soy) for a month. that didnt help so they did more tests and so now we think i have celiac disease. I am on the 3 month no gluten test.

p.s. i am also lactose intolerent.

confusedks Enthusiast

MJS,

for the blood tests, have her pediatrician order the TTG and AMA or Ema (I cant remember.) I don't know exactly what they stand for, but those are the ones that they use for diagnosis. Also, there is a "Celiac Panel" which has everything in it, except not always the 2 i mentioned. So, make SURE those are in there.

Kassandra

MJS Rookie

thanks. my parents are gonna wait until after school gets out to get her tested. hopefully she's not a celiac.

yeah i think lacrosse is cool. i played pickup games with my cousins in arizona but i live in florida and there aren't any teams anywhere near where i live. we have city leagues for ultimate, though, and lots of my friends play on them. it's a great way to stay in shape.

i really love running. does anyone here go to cross country camp? my teammates and i are looking for a good but affordable camp to attend over the summer.

• 9 months later...
Auntie Lurlynn Newbie

Hi :lol:

I love music! I play piano, the flute(but only a little bit), and the bells(mini xylophone)

I don't watch a lot of new shows, but I do like American Idol(we don't have cable, but I don't watch a lot of tv anyway)

I love old tv shows, my favs are I Love Lucy, The Waltons, Little House on the Prarie, Dick Van Dyke, Andy Griffith

I am a Christian and love to fellowship with my brothers and sisters, I'm always the last one to the car when we are leaving church because I am always talking to someone

I read a lot! A few of my favs are Little Women, A Wrinkle in Time, The Dragons in our Midst series, Anne of Green Gables, anything by Jane Austen, the Shadow Childrens sequence, The Chronicles of Narnia, the Little House on the Prarie books, anything by Beverly Lewis, anything by Jan Karen, Jane Eyre, and so many more

I am in love with Italy, but have never been there but will go there, one day :unsure:

I like to spend time with my family

I love to cook

I really would like to try acting, my dream roles are Jo from Little Women, and Anne from Anne of Green Gables

I really like to ride 4-wheeler in my friends cow pasture

I love to crochet, I've been doing it since I was 8

I'm homeschooled and love it, history and literature are my favs

My fav movies are Princess Diaries, Little Women, Fiddler on the Roof, Anne of Green Gables, The Sound of Music, Oklahoma!, Beauty and the Beast, The Phantom of the Opera, Roman Holiday, Picture Perfect, Facing the Giants, The Parent Trap, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensability, Persuasion, Jane Eyre, The King and I

Archived