Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

GF Diet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: OK, How many have had positive dietary changes with inconclusive CD tests? How many have been formally diagnosed with CD? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

OK, How many have had positive dietary changes with inconclusive CD tests? How many have been formally diagnosed with CD?

1. Diagnosed with CD (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Positive Dietary Changes Only (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Inconclusive CD Results but Positive Dietary Changes (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kabowman

kabowman

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:39 AM

I just received my test results back after 2 1/2 months of being gluten-free and the GI did not find any evidence of Celiac Disease so I don't know if I have healed so they couldn't see any damage or if I am actually just intollerant of:

Lactose/Casien
Gluten
Peanut
Corn
Soy Bean
Vinegar (but not wine)

and was curious about everyone elses' diagnoses.

Thanks in advance...Kate
-Kate
gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:
Strawberries and Banannas (2007)
Nitrates (April 2006)
Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)
Peanuts (Nov. 2004)
Soy (Oct. 2004)
Almonds (Sept. 2004)
Corn (Sept. 2004)
Lactose/Casein (1999)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:23 AM

I was gluten-free for two weeks before testing, never had severe symptoms, and don't have many of the complicating factors that would suggest malabsorption (hence, there's likely not as much intestinal damage for me as others may have). My test results were negative aside from the anti-reticulin IgA. The gluten-free diet made me feel better, and I did a dietary challenge after 1 month gluten-free (and may do another one, since that one included dairy), which had positive results.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 burdee

burdee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:25 PM

I did Enterolab stool tests 2 months after going gluten-free and STILL showed both gluten and casein antibodies/intolerances. When I tried to subsitute soy for dairy, my BODY told me (with symptoms similar to my 'dairy' symptoms) that I also don't tolerate soy products. I also limit acidic stuff (tomatoes, citrus, acidic condiments) now, because I just feel better (less reflux, gas, bloating, cramping). My initial symptoms were EXCRUCIATING abdominal pain, bloating, gas, constipation, steatorrhea, fatigue and other less obvious ones. Eliminating gluten relieved the excruciating pain and some of the bloating and gas. Eliminating dairy relieved the constipation, steatorrhea, menstrual like pains, bloating and gas. Avoiding soy prevented the last 3 symptoms. So avoiding gluten/dairy/soy DEFINITELY relieved my symptoms.
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: