holdthegluten

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I apologize that I gave
you some older information and we have recently reformulated our boosts.
Please ignore my last email on boosts. All Boosts and Super Boosts
are gluten free except for Daily Vitamin, Energy and Heart Happy. These
three do contain wheat

Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything else.

Sincerely,

Alexandra Rodriguez
Customer Service
Jamba Juice Company
6475 Christie Ave
Emeryville, CA 64608

"We aspire to deliver the perfect Jamba Experience to each and every
Customer,
each and every time!"
28 yr old Male
Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007
Gluten-free/Casein Free
HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!
Married
1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth
" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ElenaDragon

ElenaDragon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for posting this, I've been avoiding the boosts. I also checked on their website and found this information in their FAQ: http://www.jambajuic...m/what/faq.html . :)

However, also note this FAQ item:

"Allergen concerns?
Although we are sensitive to food allergies and the special dietary needs of our customers and seek to accommodate your requests, please be aware that trace amounts of ingredients that you did not order (i.e., peanuts) may be transferred from serving utensils to your food."

I know they wash out the blenders after using them, but I don't think they scrub them. However, only one smoothie and a few of the boosts have gluten in them, so the chances are probably pretty low of cross contamination, but if you are sensitive, you may want to be cautious.

#3 MN_Newbie

MN_Newbie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:00 AM

As far as Jamba Juice goes, if you skip the boost & the enlightened smoothies (which they may not have anymore but the liquid base is not gluten-free) you will be fine.

The concern that the blender may not be perfectly clean is a real concern if you are easily glutened. As a former Jamba Juice employee, I can tell you with certainty that on busy days, blenders do not get scrubbed as well as usual and boost could definitely still be on the blender, especially the sides. Do NOT hesitate to have them wash it again, Jamba Juice prides itself on doing special things for each customer. If something goes wrong, again don't hesitate to send in a comment through their website, the stores actually do get these comments AND do get in big trouble for making customers unhappy!

Also, their nutritional book's format changed COMPLETELY and the boosts section is worthless for anyone w/ allergies. Look up the specific smoothie you want and this will give all the necessary information. I had a Peach Perfection (all fruit, no boost, awesome!) today :)
Lisa F.
Twin Cities, MN
Diagnosed blood work 1/7/2008
Life long anemia, fatigue
Gluten Free 1/17/2008
no biopsy yet

#4 bobohead

bobohead

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:33 AM

OH MY GOODNESS!!! okay so they dont have a Jamba Juice close to me, its like a 2 hour drive to get to the nearest one, but i was adicted when i lived in washington state, and will be getting one as soon as i get near one!!!! so that is exciting that most of the boosts are gluten free!

I LOVE JAMBA JUICE!!!!
~~Jodi~~

diagnosed celiac around age 6
gluten free from age 6-age 12ish
Gluten free (again) since November 2007

People Say I am on a DIET, I tell them its a LIFESTYLE

#5 AKAmbrozaitis

AKAmbrozaitis

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hey! So, my friend decided to get a smoothie from Jamba Juice to share with me and she got the Daily Vitamin boost because they said it was gluten-free. I looked it up online to double check and found this so we called back to say that we found online that it said that the Daily Vitamin wasn't gluten free and they informed us that they've changed all their Daily Boost recipes so that they are gluten free. =]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: