#1 tammy

tammy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:44 PM

Hi,

I am just plain scared, frustrated and numb. I need to find a doctor(s) to manage this thing. I interviewed one last summer and he told me straight out that I will need my thyroid medicine for life plus he suspected Addison's and I was already diagnosed Gluten/Casein sensitive and my female hormones are out of whack. Besides the magnitude of this type of diagnosis...his bedside manner literally gave me anxiety. But he does take our insurance, he is 45 minutes away and he embraces more of an Integrative Medicine approach than many of the others.

I am quite concerned that due to his increased age, his arrogance and my personality that it might not be the right mix but I don't know what else to do. I've called several doctors and they are too traditional. My current endocrinologist (comes with significant credentials and seems to know the thyroid well) but seems to think (only by looking at me) that I don't have Addison's.

I have been using glandulars and high doses of B5, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Calcium etc. I have more energy than I did before this regime. Yet I still must manage all of this and do it right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 red345

red345

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 08:30 PM

Hello, Tammy. I am very sorry to hear about all that you are going through. I'm sure that's not a whole lot of fun for you, is it.

Undoubtedly, I would go with the first doctor. If you can hold onto anyone like that, it would come as an extremely valuable asset for you, in my opinion. Consider what he has done for you that the others have not, afterall. Regardless of his disposition, that is the individual I would choose in a heartbeat. Sounds as if he's one of the rare ones that actually still cares about the goodwill of his patients, etc.

Based on what you have to say, it definitely sounds as if he would get you the most help.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: