b91hd7fjk

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:27 AM

The Blue Buffalo Co.

http://www.bluebuff.com/

This stuff is so easy to find and its GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SOY FREE, WHEAT FREE....you name it! I am so happy im in tears....had so spread the word.

-Staci

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 spunky

spunky

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:46 AM

Thank you so much!

We adopted a new 2-3 yr. old dog two years ago, just as I was newly gluten free. He came to us with colitis that the vet couldn't diganosis...so, chronic. Nothing worked to treat it.

Since gluten was on my mind a lot at the time, I eventually found and tried putting him onto Purina in a green bag that says at the bottom, "Complete Nutrional Formula," which is entirely corn-based (maybe not the best thing, but cheap, easy to find and he got WELL eating that stuff after two ro three months!!!)... I kept him on that food for a couple of years... then, that food disappeared from the store shelves.

...now, all the stores carry is Purina in a green bag that says at the bottom, "Complete & Balanced," and has gluten in it... I think barley... Our dog has been eating from a bag of that for two or three weeks, and now his colitis is back, full force once again!!!! I'm not too crazy about handling the stuff either, but have managed to avoid cross-contamination so far.

Seems both the doggie and I just cannot tolerate gluten... two peas in a pod. I plan to look for this Blue stuff you linked to as soon as possilbe, to get my little dog well again!

Thank you so much! Gluten free dog food has been a real challenge!!!!

#3 Yentl

Yentl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

The Blue Buffalo Co.

http://www.bluebuff.com/

This stuff is so easy to find and its GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SOY FREE, WHEAT FREE....you name it! I am so happy im in tears....had so spread the word.

-Staci

Hi Stacie,

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but check this out, I just read this

Blue Buffalo Dog and Cat food Really gluten-free?

I am on the hunt to find some truly gluten-free food so I don't have to worry about my dog licking anyone. :huh: When I find something, I'll post, if not here, over at that other forum, I'm a member there too.

Yentl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: