Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What To Do After Accidentally Eating Gluten?

• Please log in to reply

18 replies to this topic

#16 Gonzo_Vision

Gonzo_Vision

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

The longest I have been sick for was 1 month when I ate gluten infested chicken fingers in Seoul. It was one of the hardest months of my life. I tried laxatives, tea and lots of sleep but nothing helped. To bad there wasn't a pill we could take so that we could enjoy gluten again.
I'm also lactose intolerant and it's nice to just take a pill whenever I want a glass of milk.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 becksterryo

becksterryo

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Try some Pepto Bismol. I take Pepto and plain old aspirin. I also take DPP-4 and I think it helps some. Lots of water and rest if you can. L-glutamin is supposed to help also. I never noticed any affect from it myself. There is also marshmallow root which is supposed to be soothing. If you are gassed up in the stomach peppermint is supposed to help relax the muscles. This does help me for gassy stomach issues. Altoids peppermints are ok. You also might do well to try some pro-biotics.

Altoids are not gluten free they contain wheat so they are not ok to eat

#18 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Altoids are not gluten free they contain wheat so they are not ok to eat

Hi

In the USA the peppermint Altoids are gluten-free.  They may not be gluten-free in other countries though.  So that is something to watch out for.

http://www.wrigley.c...ds.aspx#panel-3

INGREDIENTS:SUGAR, GUM ARABIC, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, GELATIN, CORN SYRUP, NATURAL FLAVOR, RED 40.

Wrigley's goal is to keep our online nutrition information up-to-date and accurate. However, we always recommend that you check our labels, or call 1-800-WRIGLEY, for the most up-to-date ingredient and nutritional information.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#19 EmiPark210

EmiPark210

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

I have a really bad coping mechanism: I drink a glass or two of wine. Most of my initial symptoms are more psychological in nature (dizziness, tingling limbs, disorientation, etc.) so to keep myself from over-thinking everything that's happening and making it worse by becoming psychosomatically ill (illness without physical causes, based in psychology), I kind of induce the same symptoms through a little bit of alcohol. I also get rid of or away from whatever the culprit was.

For the rest of the time until my body decides it's done with the gluten and I need a bathroom ASAP, I try to do things to help alleviate the pain from bloating and keep my anti-spasms on me in case of a colon-spasm attack, which sometimes happens. Also, crappy movies and warm blankets help. It's really about waiting out the storm. 

IBS Diagnosis: 2010

Celiac blood results: 2/21/13 Positive

Biopsy: 4/19/13 - visually positive, 4/23/13 - positive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: