Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Final Update On My Granddaughter Zoey

8 posts in this topic

Thank you everybody who has been praying for Zoey, and thinking of her.

On Tuesday she had a horrible poop that went right into her cast, and they couldn't get it out. So, my daughter called the hospital and asked if the cast could come off a day earlier, and if she could get her x-ray on Wednesday as well (it is a one hour drive to the hospital, and she didn't want to go with a two year old and an 11 month old twice). They said that was no problem.

So, on Wednesday she woke little Sophia from her nap early (and believe me, you don't do that when it isn't necessary, that baby will be a grump then), got them both ready and they were just about going out the door, when the phone rang. It was somebody from the hospital, telling her that she had to wait until Thursday after all.

When Karen told Zoey, she got very upset and cried, poor thing. Karen called me on the phone a little while later and told me about that, and I heard Zoey saying in the background, "I cry, see doctor!"

But finally yesterday they went, the cast came off and the x-ray showed that her leg has healed just great. The doctor said to Karen that it would likely be a few days before Zoey could bend her knee and really move her hip joint.

Zoey heard that, and said, "Look mommy!" And wiggled her leg in every direction and kicking, bending her knee. The doctor laughed, and said, "Well, on the other hand, maybe it won't take her any time at all!"

Karen was going to carry her, but Zoey insisted on walking. She did just fine. She refused to be pulled to the car in the wagon as well, and marched right along.

She is running again, and only has a very small limp, which I am sure won't last long. She is just laughing and carrying on and is just ecstatic to be FREE again! :D She has been a little trooper for the eight weeks in that awful huge cast, what a patient little one.

Everybody is so very happy that this ordeal is over. On the 19th will be Sophia's first birthday party, and I can hardly wait to see them, and to watch Zoey slide on her new slide again.

Ads by Google:

This is just wonderful news. Thank you so much for the update.

Yes, that is great news!!! I'm so happy that Zoey healed so well and that she's finally free of the cast. :D Hearing about her dancing around like that made me smile :)

:D:D:D:D:D

That's great news, Ursa! :D

great news Ursa!!!! I am very happy for Zoey!

That is so wonderful, Ursula. Thanks for telling the story so sweetly, too

That is wonderful. Have a great time when you see them for the party