This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Shout - My New Favorite Restaurant In Atlanta, Ga

pugsnapps

pugsnapps Newbie

I am sooo excited!!!!

Just by chance my husband and I met some friends at one of Atlanta's "HOT" singles restaurants "Shout".

I was so worried if there was going to be anything I could eat, but everyone else in our group was already there having a drink and I'd feel like a smuck if I said "I think I'll go home" :unsure: . So, I did my usual sneak to talk to the manager dreading that he would say there was nothing except the "plain salad"... but to my surprise, he knew all about "Gluten" and So did the majority of the staff!!! This was like a dream come true :D . It was so wonderful, The manager went and spoke to the chef to verify that the items I was interested in were gluten free and told me to just tell my waitor that I have a gluten allergy and everything will be taken care of. To my surprise, they said the majority of the items either were gluten free or could be prepared gluten free on request.... All you have to do is ask your waitor or waitress. Well, After some debate over my multiple choices I ordered the Tea Smoked Samon wrapped in potatoe with curry sauce (yes the sauce is gluten-free).... It was completely gluten free, the waitor said (without me asking) "Miss, I will ensure that the chef prepares your meal on a clean gluten free pan".

If you are in Atlanta this is a MUST. It is located in "Colony Square" sort of catty cornered across the street from the Woodruff Arts Center & The High.

I am sooo glad we found this place B) . Depending on what you order it can be a little pricey and the meals are portions for one. Even though it is geared towards singles it is still a great spot for couples and business partys. It is seperated into four seperate areas a Japanese SteakHouse Ichi-Ban style, Bar, Outdoor patio and upstairs terrace (suposively this is where the celeb's go), But they have Sushi, Steak, Chicken and Pizza (not gluten free of course :( ).

So go see a play, watch the symphony, tour the high and end it all with a great dinner in an absolutely wonderful restaurant.... The atmosphere was so fun!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Did they have any meals for vegetarians?

pugsnapps Newbie

I'm not sure, but they seem to be very accomidating to requests.

It really would depend on what kind of vegitarian you are and how strict... My cousin was a vegitarian for years (until she joined the air force), she omitted everthing except fish. In her case I would say they definately would be able to meet the requirements.

Give them a call.... they were soooooo friendly - I'm sure they would answer that for you.

jenvan Collaborator

that's great to hear! those kind of encounters are always so encouraging!

mommida Enthusiast

Can you contact local Celiac/ DH support groups in the area to add to the list of gluten free capable restaurants?

Laura

pugsnapps Newbie

I am not sure if my local support group has any listing of gluten free capable restaurants.... :unsure:

I've been meaning to join and go to thier meetings for years now, but it's on the other side of the state from where I am. Gluten Sensitive Support Group of Atlanta/Southeast - Open Original Shared Link

Does anyone know of another one for the Atlanta Area (Georgia)?

Archived