33 replies to this topic

#31 GlutenFreeManna

GlutenFreeManna

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:55 AM

I was curious if anyone had any new items to add to the list. Trying to stay positive about this disease!

I fixed my toilet this week all by myself! :lol:
A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

I fixed my toilet this week all by myself! :lol:

I love that! There is something so gratifying and rewarding about doing repairs, etc. around the house. Way to go!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#33 jmrogers31

jmrogers31

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

A unique one for me is I don't mumble anymore. I used to mumble really bad and people couldn't understand me and phone calls were annoying for both me and the person I was talking too because they couldn't hear me and I got tired of repeating myself. About a month in my Mom commented on the phone, "Jason, I heard every word you just said clear as day" instead of "are you sure the phone is by your mouth?" I never would have thought of that. So add that to anxiety levels dropped, always being sick gave me a fear of dying and leaving my young children alone and that is much better, headaches, dizziness (nothing worse then feeling dizzy all the time), asthma is better, and of coarse the GI issues are much better as well. When I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, my wife used to say when she put her ear to my stomach it sounded like boiling water with rapid bubbling and popping. I am so glad that is gone.

#34 Newbee

Newbee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

I'm on week 5 of being gluten free. I don't have to go to the bathroom as much but still don't have normal stools. Earlier this week I was having stomach cramps in the evening. I don't think I glutened myself as I've been eating the same stuff and hadn't had symptoms before. I hope my brain comes back too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: