16 replies to this topic

#16 Syracusegirl1999

Syracusegirl1999

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I know this is an old thread, and I've voluntarily gone gluten-free, but this describes the ache in my legs perfectly. It's gone down quite a bit since I've been gluten-free, but a super bad day on Friday (work stress, being told I needed to do $2300 car repairs on a car not worth it, etc.) I must have has something w/ Gluten in it (or cross contamination) and so I ended up getting all 3 bad things in one day. Suffering from the muscle aches today, so on day 2, and it'll probably go another 3 days.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 MGR

MGR

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yes, I have had horrendous muscle and joint pain like daggers for years now- i have also been going back and forth to doctors for years now- and had pints and pints of blood for tests taken- I am so tired of it as no painkiller seems to work either. This Summer I was very ill with D and my local village doctor suggested I try a gluten exclusion diet- I felt fabulous after only a few days!! When I got back home I went to my normal doctor and was told that since I had been gluten free I had to go on a gluten challenge - as I generally used to limit my bread and pasta, cakes, etc intake to control my weight i have found this gluten challenge a real challenge!! I had the most horrendous reaction when I introduced gluten - my joints are like dagger!!!And I am generally very Ill - constant tummy ache, dizziness, tiredness, etc. I am having my biopsy tomorrow and I really hope my doctor does not tell me again- You are fine, just take paracetamol!! All in all I am very happy to hear that other people also have similar problems,!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: