This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free, Low Glycemic Foods, And Candida Diet

feeling special

feeling special Newbie

i'm a celiac whose been suffering a long time and did not find out till recently, i've gone gluten free asnd it's great. yeast bothers me and i need some good recipes for yeast free breads and desserts. i'm only allowed to eat meat, berries, melons, fish, poultry, eggs, unleavened bread, nuts, soymilk plain, veggies (except peppers, cucumbers, tomoatoes, potatoes, eggplant, mushrooms), no dairy, no preservatives, no gluten no sugar except honey or raw sugar, no caffeine, no juice, no shellfish. i'm not sure of how to find out what foods are low glycemic and won't i be sick of tuna and chicken. what are some good salad dresing recipes and bread recipes without yeast. please help it's getting a little confusing here. i have to follow this diet for 3 weeks before i can add anything back in that the doctor says is ok.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kabowman Explorer

There are "some" breads that do not have any yeast but you really have to look. Kinikicks (sp????) has a mix, at least that is who I think makes it, that takes similar to regular bread. Well, as regular as we ever get. Also, I just found an allergy cookbook that calls for unbuffered Vitamin C crystals, in addition to another levening agent, can be used to make your own bread, buns etc.

Also, do an Internet search on unbuffered Vitamin C crystals and I found some more receipes that I should be able to use.

I have not found the unbuffered Vitamin C crystals locally myself and will be ordering them - my book suggested Kal as the brand...but I think there are more out there.

Yeast is in wine, vinegar, and tomatoes. Avoid all condiments and dressings unless Passover Kosher and then double check. I use a few fresh lemons for salad or guacamole. I can eat some tomatoes and tomato products (spaghetti sauce on rice pasta) but not more than one or two days in a row. I also must avoid ripe fruit or fruit that sits around at room temp. green bananas do well as do some berries as long as they don't warm up (and grow yeast). Be careful with baked sweet breads and pies - refridgerate as soon as possible to slow the process.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions...

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

I have done a candida diet for about eight months. I'm still following some of the rules but I'm not as strict as before. I've tried several programs but for the last six months I've been using Whole Approach. You can check them out at www.wholeapproach.com. There is a section on the candida diet that has printables lists. This helps you know how many severings of what low glycemic foods you can have. They also have a forum section that has recipes and an expert that comes on several times a week to answer questions and comment on posts. They have been a great support system of very caring people for me during my struggle with CRC. :)

Japsnoet Explorer

Try any of the following four books:

Cooking Without by Barbara Cousins (Paperback)

Vegetarian Cooking Without by Barbara Cousins

Cooking Without Made Easy by Barbara Cousins (Paperback)

Special Diet Solutions: Healthy Cooking Without Wheat, Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, Yeast, or Refined Sugar by Carol Lee Fenster (Paperback)

All four the books are available at www.amzon.com. I think this site sells some of them as well. If you can get them from this site buy them, it be great to support Scott’s hard work. :P

I found the first two cooking without cookbooks really handy when I had to go on an elimination diet. She has many excellent suggestions when it gets to intolerances and having to cut out yeast. The recipes are very basic, but she has some very creative ideas. I’m not found of her breads though. I used the cooking without books to follow a Candida diet and they where really helpful. I still use a number of their basic recipes and have just added a few extra things to make the recipes more interesting. They good foundational recipes and really healthy to.

In my opinion when it gets to yeast free bread I prefer Carol Fenster’s recipes. She has some fantastic ideas for people that are making use of elimination diets and a list of hidden yeast in the back of her book. Have a look on her web page she has some Open Original Shared Link yeast free bread recipes on the site. :rolleyes:

Archived